Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i asked about a month ago if anyone knew if you could use a polaris clutch in my 05 prairie 360. I got no responses. I figured i would give it a shot and i wanted to let all of you know what i found out. My cost on a new clutch from kaw was $550. I bought a used clutch from a polaris ranger, which is the same as 100's of polaris models and years, for $60 delivered used on e bay. I figured it was worth a shot. The crank dimentions ended up being the same, i had to use the kaw bolt and washers. The stepped washer needed to be machined to fit the polaris bore, which i did with a file. Then i had to unbolt the solenoid from the cover and remove the engine brake arm and spring, i then reinstalled the solenoid to keep the cover watertight. It was a rather painless conversion and polaris clutches are abundant and inexpensive. I hope this helps somebody out there that ends up in my same situation, the kaw clutch really seemd to be a piece of crap on this bike since i bought i new and i heard too many horror stories about the comet clutches not fitting.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I wonder if the Spider should be tack welded,because I think the clutch was designed to spin the opposite direction??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious, did it work? I have 2 360 prairies. One has oem clutch and is still working, 2d prairie has a comet clutch that is roached. Don't want to put oem, or comet clutch back into this machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts