Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I've got a 400 scrambler sittin in my shop with a blown motor. The cheapest complete motor I've found locally is over 500 bucks, and it isnt even running. My genious idea is........ One of my buddies has a complete, running motor out of a wrecked polaris xc 700 sled. recent rebuild, like 300 miles ago, in the neighborhood of 140 hp, that i could buy for less than that. My ? is.... What do you guys think of the idea, the clutches are basically the same, just different springs, the 700 is obviously wider but i'm not to concerned about that. I have an extra swingarm layin around that i was thinkin could stretch somewhere like 6 inches. Keep it alittle less wheelie crazy. Just wonderin what you guys think of the idea. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
only thing I can think of is changing the motor mounts and making sure it'll physically fit without having to modify the frame. Other wise it should be fine and one hell of a straight line shooter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i think it would be a bullet for sure. Biggest thing that worries me is how hard will it be to keep the front end down on a good launch, but should be a blast. figure i might as well go big or go home right?

·
Registered
272 Posts
it might be hard making the pipes fit for it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, the pipes will be another interesting problem. thinking i can cut up the exhaust for the sled and the scrambler and make one that will work. might take some tuning but i think it will be a sweet ride. I found a vid on youtube of one that was done quite similar but is 4x4, i wanna make more of a hill climber/trail screamer. and of course i wanna have the fastest quad i personally know of :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
it sure will be fast

·
Registered
445 Posts
best i remember a scrambler turns like a dump truck, good luck on the trails...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts