Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to tear my bike down and send it to powder coat. I seen this polished bolt kit and wondered who has used it and if it's a good kit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have bought 4 kits in the past for my LT500 DS650 TRX250R Blaster, they are a Complete Kits havent Bought one yet for the V700 yet, But there are some bolts you dont want to replace with Stainless Steel and may want to get chromed or polished, also I always find my self ordering extra bolts and nuts for JIC.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Donkey are you ordering the bolts?

If so let me know.

I'm sort of like you i"ve looked but I've always been leary that i'm going to get what I think it is.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
grider bought this kit... talk to him. the way he talked it was a nice kit. im not sure if he sold it or he put it on his bike.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
seems to me I can remember it for sale when he was liquidateing asking 70.00 I think
you feeling ok donk ?? washed it last year powdercoating this year:p

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoping to not have to wash it this year scrowdog....lmao

if it's a nice kit I will be ordering it. Bike is being tore down as we speak. Motor included:eek:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
BOSS is calling Donk:tup:Way to go buddy .Not sure if Neil sold that bolt kit give him a shout

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes boss is calling...haven't spent a dime yet. Your on the 1st of my list

·
Registered
61 Posts
i bought the kit for my lt500r and lt250r and i only used 1/2 of each kit . just used the ones for the motor and little chit . i didnt use the bolts on the suspension or steering . i like my head on my shoulders and not up my ass

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I'm just curious how 'stainless' their stainless is..
wonder if it would hold up to the Aluminum Etching Cleaner?

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
I used a few of the bolts to mount up the Aluminum Roof on my Teryx and it has been out in the weather some, they holding up great :tup:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whats wrong with the quality of the bolts for the suspension?

Where is camo and monkey when I need them for advice...lol

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
The bolts are very nice man, I haven't used them, they are still in the pkg but they look like very nice quality stuff. I wouldn't be afraid to used them on anything :tup:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your a good man Neal. Looks like I will place the order. I would love to have the rolling chassis back together in a week or 2. Hated to use the ugly factory bolts again

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
sorry bud

yep good kit, has most everything

didn't have anything for the swingarm or diff, also the thread pitch for the upper motor mounts are wrong....not sure if it's corrected

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks monkey..

I got the bike completely apart tonight except the swing arm. Hope it turns out nice.wasn't much holding the bike together...lol

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Whats wrong with the quality of the bolts for the suspension?

Where is camo and monkey when I need them for advice...lol
Yep, it's a nice kit. There are way more bolts than we use for a rebuild with our mods. There are a few that are wrong but no biggie. They don't come with motor mount bolts. Also, I wouldn't use the front a-arm bolts. Use the factory ones. They polish up nice. My wife's bike has this kit. I will be buying another one once I decide to tear apart my orange one.

You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My only Crank on some of these bolt kits is a small one, they use Imperial Metric instead of Japanese Metric, Dosent matter on the allen head, but the nuts are different instead of a 10mm there 11mm , same for the 12 is 13mm and so on, be carful on suspension bolts if they are stainless steel, if your a jumper look into chrome steel grade 8 and above for there many places sell them, I seen the stainless gull and bend in the past.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Imperial metric... :lol:

What you're saying is the wrench size is different than factory. Not a biggy. Like I said, most of these bolts are used in low stress areas, that's why I said use the factory ones for the a-arms. Other high stress areas like motor mounts and swinger pivot are not in this kit so there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah them Canooks and English use that 11, 13, 15 metric , give me that Japan stuff, 8,10,12,14mm drives me nuts when working on 6 quads swapping sockets and wrenchs LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts