Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got a 05 bf 750 when im running lower speeds under 20 mph every once in a while i hear a pop or spit noise coming from my air breather, almost like its backfiring through the air cleaner, doesnt sound good but i have no idea what it is? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Try adjusting your pilot screws, My V was doing the same thing, half a turn out on each and it went away.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where are the pilot screw and how do i get to them

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when it does it, the bikes also kinda jumps, almost like it runs out of fuel for a split second then back to normal, hummmm........

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
if it does it when its warmed up, i would guess you're running a little on the lean side. are your needles shimmed? with your mods, if they're not, i would try that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if it does it when its warmed up, i would guess you're running a little on the lean side. are your needles shimmed? with your mods, if they're not, i would try that.
right on ..or clean your air filter

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
If its carbed drain the float bowels and turn on the key and drain again my prairie needs that if I dont use heat in the winter as temps change droplets of water can formate in the bowels. Extreme cold a 6 plug helps just go back to 7 in the spring.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i throughly clean my air filter after every ride so i know its clean must be down in my carbs but im not goin to tackle carbs or valves myself thats the mechanics job, thats over my head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts