Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happens once in a while. The lights will turned from 2 to 4 and jump back and forth. If I shut it off and turn it back on it usually clears out. Its happening more and more so I wanted to get a handle on it. Any suggestions? Thanks so much! New to Brute world. Bikes amazing!

·
Registered
281 Posts
mine does it all the time i know the light may be going back and forth but usually its in 2 or 4 whatever the last thing is you put it in, but to fix it i dont no i always just turn the key off then back on

·
Registered
10 Posts
got mine used power washed it and now it flashes all the time and i don't think it goes into 4/w drive,but it sounds like its trying even with switch in 2/w drive.i'm lost!

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
check your switch on the bars to make sure the rubber is not cracked and letting moisture in.. this will cause it to not get a good connection. otherwise do a search on here... there are pages of this problem to look through that will tell you how to fix it if its the kebc-ecu- 4x4 actuator or switch going bad... 90% of the time its an actuator but the ecu and switch can cause it too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had this issue on my prairie, turning key off didn't resolve the problem. Pulling the fuse did and also putting di-electric grease on the fuse contacts and cleaning it all up. I had a poor contact and corrosion was starting to happen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine starred doing it and i sprayed contact cleaner down in the switch and worked it back and forth several times and kept spraying and working the switch for a couple minutes and it quit.^^^^^ Glad you just posted that, im gonna do the fuse to prevent future problems.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
2x4 light

I had the same problem with my 05 750.Then one day I decided to remove the fork inside the belt cover to remove the engine brake - I have not seen the light do that since,and the engine still has the braking just the same as before but when you go down steeper hills she will free wheel,then if I need it ,I'll blip the throttle very lightly,and the engine brake returns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.