Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1)I have an 05 kfx v-force & i just complete to clean the curb' have also replaced the stock main jets & installed (F)132 (R)138, the pilot jets are 40, air mix is 2 turn out, it as a KN air filter, valves have been adjusted as per spec's,,, all the rest is stock,,,,, as I started the unit it and warmed it up,, it is been popping & backfire out of front curb',,, any suggestions ???

2) How do i re-set the belt light ???

·
Registered
389 Posts
Popping and Back Firing , Happens to me after I eat Indian Food! :eek:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Zigi--Welcome to KR---What was it doing before you did all the above work on it.

Kenny

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
What part of Calif---I'm out in Yucca Valley

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
1)I have an 05 kfx v-force & i just complete to clean the curb' have also replaced the stock main jets & installed (F)132 (R)138, the pilot jets are 40, air mix is 2 turn out, it as a KN air filter, valves have been adjusted as per spec's,,, all the rest is stock,,,,, as I started the unit it and warmed it up,, it is been popping & backfire out of front curb',,, any suggestions ???

So it's backfiring through the carb and not the exhaust and it's just the front carb---Is that correct--Is it at idle and smooths out as you open throttle or does it do it at all ranges---Try opening that front a/f screw some more--Don't go past 3.5 turns out though--Just to experiment to see if it smooths out.

Kenny

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 V-force with Dual HMF exhaust, K&n Filter and jets and at 1/2 throttle to full throttle it'll back fire on the back piston (right side pipe) when held and a constant speed. Help?!!?

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Take your carbs out and clean them very good after disassembly. Pay close attention to the pilot jets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can somebody tell me where are the air mixture screws on 07 kfx700, I can only see a small brass screw in the bottom of the bowl and appears to have no tension on it. Do I have to remove the air box to access these adjustments ?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
If you're carbs haven't been touched yet. They are probably still covered by the factory caps. I pulled mine off with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont believe they have been touched , Where are they on the side ? can you acess them easily . I cant seem to see nothing in there with the box on.
Thanx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts