Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Pismo two weeks ago and while my son was riding the V, it started popping and running like crap. Took off the air cleaner and the front carb was popping. Idles ok, then pops occasionally. When you open the throttle, it runs like crap.

Thinking the front choke/enricher is stuck. Still have not taken the carbs off. Little background about the V. Barts box and jets. Big gun pipes. Ran great until I had to keep our steeds in the back yard under covers until recently. Very wet winter for us in Milpitas, CA. Remodeling the house and the furniture went into the garage. Had to keep the wifey happy.

Anybody have any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
had a similar problem with mine after a hatfield mccoy ride. came home and had a problem when i unloaded it. i thought WTF? i pulled the aircleaner and noticed the vacuum slide stuck open. here the boot was flipped and causing this similar problem. try looking in your airbox to the top of the carbs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Have not tore into it yet. Next weekend will tear her down and see what's up. Another Pismo Beach run is in order in April for the kids Spring break.
Aloha! A hui hou!
Pono

1 - 3 of 3 Posts