Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i wanna know what your guys Mojave or lakota look like! Heres a couple of mine their not recent and i don't have the hand guards or the good exhaust on it in these plus i have different logos on the plastics now.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
First four are my 02 with XC setup. Hipers shown in the first and ITP beadlocks in the next. It's got a ton of work done and I got 3rd in 21-29B in the NECC series. Probably going to do a CWR 280 kit this winter to be able to run some different races next year (some GNCC and AMA Nationals)

Last one is my 01 setup for drag racing, but mostly stock.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Looks like I am a new owner of a Mojo Finally. Been wanting one to mess with since I pretty much had one,It was my buddies but I rode it more then he did. I even had my own key:lol: That was in 00'

I need some parts now. I need cams,Head,Kick start gears. Thats all I know of right now. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
nice score J.

I had one a few years ago, bought it for my son. gave it my brother when I bought the 400ex.

The Mojave is a great quad

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
nice score J.

I had one a few years ago, bought it for my son. gave it my brother when I bought the 400ex.

The Mojave is a great quad

I had wanted one forever. I tried on a bunch on craigslist. Luckily this guy goes to college at UK. About 2 hours from me. I got to track down some parts though. I need to find a Manual Download too!:D

The guy I raced on that Cannondale 496 Stroker was back in town and he had one he bought off Craigslist for 300 and it needed a Timing Chain. I tried to get it from him but he didnt want to let it go.

I kept telling the wife when I got one I would beat her 300ex on it. She said yea right its just a 250. I said okay then,.

The guy let me ride it around and I got the wife to line hers up down the strip and I beat her by a bike and a half or so on it. It was all stock too. After I said I told you so!:lol:There just fun little mofo's!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If you are going through the trouble of putting a new head, you might want to put stainless steel intakes valves in while it's apart. The stock ones are a little weak and you end up adjusting them a lot until they eventually pull up into the head. It's hard not to hammer down all the time on these, so it would be money well spent.

When I do a 280 kit this winter, I should have a good Wiseco 11.5:1 stock bore piston if you find that you need to replace what you have in there now. Probably going to do it in a month or so. If it's still good, cover shipping and it's yours.

There's usually quite a few used parts on ebay, but here's a link for you to drool over all the performance goodies for them. The owner, Greg, is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He's helped me out quite a bit with parts for racing. http://www.cycleworksracing.net/mojave.htm

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
If you are going through the trouble of putting a new head, you might want to put stainless steel intakes valves in while it's apart. The stock ones are a little weak and you end up adjusting them a lot until they eventually pull up into the head. It's hard not to hammer down all the time on these, so it would be money well spent.

When I do a 280 kit this winter, I should have a good Wiseco 11.5:1 stock bore piston if you find that you need to replace what you have in there now. Probably going to do it in a month or so. If it's still good, cover shipping and it's yours.

There's usually quite a few used parts on ebay, but here's a link for you to drool over all the performance goodies for them. The owner, Greg, is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He's helped me out quite a bit with parts for racing. Parts for Your Mojave

Thanks for the heads up man. Could you keep an out eye for a head,cams,and kicker gears for me?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need some parts now. I need cams,Head,Kick start gears. Thats all I know of right now. Any suggestions?
Hey had the same problem with mine right after i bought it. Kicker gears aren't that expensive try bikebandits or cheapcycleparts.com. Get those soon when that happened to mine i took it apart and found huge metal shavings in the oil and you can get the manual from Google books.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is mine, it was basically a box and a few bags of parts when I acquired it. When I finish it it's going to be the "Hello Kitty Mojave", with a powder coated pink frame and hello kitty graphics on white plastics. :eek:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
That's what mine is gonna be too,.All in pieces. Oh well I will get it together. Who is the best on Mojave motors? I will need a head and some cams as far as I know.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The Best your gonna get for the mojo is Greg Spicka at www.cycleworksracing.net He is the Mojo God and is very very good with all sorts of bikes. Has his own BBK's, cams,and carbs to make the Mojave hang with 450's. If you want it done he can hook you up. I wouldnt turn to anyone else but him.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I second that. If I was having trouble with something, I would have no problem leaving an engine with him and just say "make it run and send me the bill". He's not going to try and sell you something you don't need. Consequently, he's usually pretty busy, so you have to plan on a little wait, but it's not too bad. I always feel bad when I call, because it sounds like he just ran across the shop to get the phone for my stupid questions.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Wow a 370CC kit:eek: That would be sweet.:rock:

·
Registered
637 Posts
before and after of the Ol' kota

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a 1995 mojave: most everything has been replaced since i got it you might understand why...

the day i got it:

most recent photo:
thats also real nice glad you took the time to save it

1 - 20 of 218 Posts