Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to this forum. I picked up a 97 Bayou 300 4x4 a few weeks ago for $200. It was cheap because it had no ignition spark and the guy was tired of messing with it. Both the CDI box and the ignition coil were bad. After replacing those, I got the bike to start, but it runs horrible. I figured it had been sitting and needed a good carb clean. I took it apart and cleaned it, put it back on and same thing. I took the carb into get it professionally cleaned, put it back on and same thing. It will now idle with the choke off, but it still will cut out, pop and not accelerate. From things I have read it seems like it is staved for fuel. I have messed with the fuel mixture screw and it hasn't helped. One thing to mention, the muffler is completely rusted out and shot. I realize it make for a lot of noise, but could that be the reason it runs so terrible? I have a 220 Bayou that will run (very loudly) with the muffler off, but doesn't seem to effect performance. Any ideas what I should try? I don't really want to spend $150 for a muffler if it has bigger issues. Also, unrelated, the starter motor was engaging now it just spins and doesn't engage the motor. I have to pull start it. Would this be a bad starter, or a bad solenoid? Seems like I can hear the solenoid click.

Danny

1 - 1 of 1 Posts