Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have a 2008 brute force 750 with 1400 miles, all stock besides epi maroon primary, pciii and 26" kenda executioners. Plugs have under 100 miles on them. Im running 87 octane fuel at about sea level and the temperature is about 50 degrees. Ive been running the map power commander has on its website for stock exhaust and filter.

I noticed yesterday while climbing a hill at wot that it didnt seem to have the power it normally does. Also i hear a louder then normal growl coming from the airbox. I figured since this is the coldest its been since I put a new map in that it was running lean. I went into the programmer and fattened up 80 and 100% throttle all the way up the board about 10%. This didnt seem to make a difference. The only time I notice a problem is at wot over 40 mph or under a heavy load. Any other ideas? Ive never adjusted the valves because the bike starts and runs good beside this problem.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Definately better while at slower speeds since i richened it, but to get it over 40 mph I have to ease into the throttle

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
Take off the PC III, and see how it works basically stock. If the problem still exists, then troubleshoot from there.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been working on my map for an hour or so. Got her running pretty good, gonna make some speed runs tomorrow

·
Registered
182 Posts
Take it to get dynoed someplace. Guessing what map to use by feel will tell you when the quad is running good, but it will never be great. My sportbike has always been close, but never perfect. Your fuel mileage will probably increase as well as power. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea im definately not gonna spend the 300 bucks on that.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im starting to think its not a fuel problem, maybe something wrong with the cvt. Changing maps and even going back to stock does not seem to make a difference. I need to think and ride some more.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think theres something wrong with the pciii module or my tps, at idle the 3rd bar from the bottom is lit up, wide open its the 3rd bar from the top.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The power commander became uncalibrated somehow, but I still have top end problems. Hits a brick wall at 40mph unless I ease into it.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
Take off the PC III, and see how it works basically stock. If the problem still exists, then troubleshoot from there.
Have you taken the PC III off completely and tried the BF? I don't mean put the PC III back to it's "stock factory" settings, I meant remove it completely.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, doesn't seem to change anything.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
Is it possible that the injectors could get dirty over time, like a car?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
possibly, but it runs great otherwise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts