Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im cleaning up my motor and noticed a ton o carbon build on my power valves. can anyone tell me alittle about how they work . how they should look. how they should be when engine is off/ open, closed. anything will help thank's. pics are deff welcome

·
Registered
230 Posts
They should be closed when the engine isnt running. If they are open right now somthing may be broke either in the case or the valves themselves. One side has a small slot and the other is cut open. When the engine RPM picks up the govenor in the case will pull the arm out sliding the rack and open up both valves at the same time. There are marks on the gear part of the valve to know where to line them up on the rack. The only right way to clean them is to take the cyclinder off and pull each valve out to get all that carbon off. Make sure if you do this to pull them loose then pull the rack all the way out of the cylinder. Otherwise the valves wont come all the way out and you can risk damaging or breaking the gears.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, got to that part now. i was looking at it and figured out the guy who sold me the bike didnt tighten the bolt for the arm. i was riding with no pv's so i'm real excited to c wat it can do. will i notice a better mid range and overall power? right now i thought it was decent power lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i got the valves moving like budda i'm real excited to c wat they can do for the power of this thing. now to put it back together. can anyone show or explain the torque sequence for the head bolts and how much ft-lbs per nut. thank u.o and wat kind of engin oil is recomended for this engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts