Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the final stages of my 1988 tecate 4 rebuild. Does anyone possibly know where I can get replacement power valves? I've tried every possible dealer, after markets, junk yards, e-bay, etc. Ive been trying to finish this project since July and am stuck! 馃槨馃槨Any and all help would be appreciated. Reply here or give me a call. 203-812-8026

Registered
Im in the final stages of my 1988 tecate 4 rebuild. Does anyone possibly know where I can get replacement power valves? I've tried every possible dealer, after markets, junk yards, e-bay, etc. Ive been trying to finish this project since July and am stuck! 馃槨馃槨Any and all help would be appreciated. Reply here or give me a call. 203-812-8026
I completely rebuilt an 88' Tecate 4 last year and ran into the same problem. Took 6 months to find parts and get it going. I ended getting a lathe and making my own power valves cause I couldn't find them anywhere. If you're not able to make them a machine shop should be able to make them. My Tecate 4 rebuild was a headache almost threw in the towel few times but when you finally get it, it's worth it.
Good Luck

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi clutch, im assuming those are tecate 4 power valves? I didnt see a discussion on them? Are they for sale?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry clutch, didnt see your post. Sorry..... yeah, I'm thinking about the same thing. My valves look pretty close to your old one(s). Im going to try that route. Thanks for the info!

Registered
It's about the only option. I had same trouble. Looked everywhere. And nothing. Discontinued. Finally got a 1" aluminum rod, copied my broken one and cut my own. Just make sure you mark the tooth that is recessed for timing it

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Clutch, I grabbed my old valves to see if I can pull this off. The only issue I see is that the splines on each stem are different sizes. I do have the broken stem and spline but was wondering if you know anywhere I could find the specs on those? Thanks again, I was ready to throw in the towel myself.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Are both the splines the same size? By looking at my manual, the left looks smaller than the right,? Im going to a very good machine shop tomorrow and see what they say. If they are able to make me multiples, i promise to send you a set for all of your hellp!!!!!

Registered
Yes the left is smaller than the right. Think they did that so they can't be mixed up because right and left ports are different

Registered
Are both the splines the same size? By looking at my manual, the left looks smaller than the right,? Im going to a very good machine shop tomorrow and see what they say. If they are able to make me multiples, i promise to send you a set for all of your hellp!!!!!
Any luck on your powervalves? If not I just got a lathe/milling machine. If you could send me the measurements I can make you a set. I need the practice anyway. I have one broken one but I don't know the total length cause a section is missing and I don't really want to pull the cylinder off to get measurements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts