Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey John,
I saw a while back you posted that you would be able to modify a 360 clutch to provide for a higher top speed without sacrificing anything save for fuel economy. Do you still feel this way? Have you done one for anyone yet? What exactly would be done to the clutch to achieve this, a stage two?

Mike

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Stage 2 is all the 360 needs with a primary spring change and be sure the deflection is tight.

You don't ever loose power or grunt. You gain there and you just gain more gearing and top end i've been told about 42-48 pending how it runs power wise. downhill over 50. I've done quite a few 360 clutches.

250.00 with the spring change and 2 day return shipping

John

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I paid a core fee plus the $250, do you have one in stock that can be modified and shipped to me first?

And I'm total newb when it comes to removing and installing the clutch. I take it I need to invest in a puller of some sort and some shims for the deflection measurement?

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Stage 2 is all the 360 needs with a primary spring change and be sure the deflection is tight.

You don't ever loose power or grunt. You gain there and you just gain more gearing and top end i've been told about 42-48 pending how it runs power wise. downhill over 50. I've done quite a few 360 clutches.

250.00 with the spring change and 2 day return shipping

John
How does that compare to stock speed?
I do recall "someone" saying in past years that it was a waste to mod the P360 clutch even though the RPM's were screaming at top speed with a stock clutch due to a lack of power; I disagreed at the time. What changed?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering the same thing. I've never heard a positive response from any 360 guys so I was hoping it was either due to the fact that no one has tried or that they just don't post online anywhere.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I installed one and the top speed did pick up enough to notice but look for to be a hand full or nothing but you will see a gain,picked up speed faster aswell

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed one and the top speed did pick up enough to notice but look for to be a hand full or nothing but you will see a gain,picked up speed faster aswell
Could you please be more specific? My Prairie 360 tops out at 35MPH or maybe 40MPH going downhill. What did you notice you gained? Was it 10MPH or more?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay John,
I have a puller and a new belt heading my way so once I get them, I'll give you a shout and get this clutch off to you.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
It's not going to make it a rocketship by any means.

I've been told 42-48 mph top end. 48-50 downhill on a long run.

stock is like you said. 38-40.

it still accelerates similar, just has the capability to pull more on top end. with the spring change it adds a little more low end as well.

the motor is just far too under powered to do much more.

John

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey did you ever get this done??? My 360 has 4500 kms on it and everyone says my clutch is going but I can't see why it would so I said maybe I'll do something about it now. She tops out at 80km/h on a level road. Would I get any extra HP with these springs?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
springs do not add HP, they just change where the clutch hits at.

with that many miles I can guarantee your weights are egged and spider rollers are worn out. check it out and see for yourself

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Hey did you ever get this done??? My 360 has 4500 kms on it and everyone says my clutch is going but I can't see why it would so I said maybe I'll do something about it now. She tops out at 80km/h on a level road. Would I get any extra HP with these springs?
80km/h (50mph)? You've got a fast 360.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh ok well that really sucks... I'm getting my license in a few months and I just want to get a little extra power out of er for pulling a trailer and to help keep up a lol more with the big dogs

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
You could use a different primary spring IF you are hauling the trailer a lot, or running big tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts