Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 360 and was lookin for a little more snot out of this thing. Not looking to make this any louder with an exhaust. I have read about these power modules, but cant find any for this quad. Im guessing this quad is not very popular for hop ups. Thanks for any help. Craig

·
Registered
294 Posts
id love to find some myself.i have a hmf and it sounds good not to loud

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
You can change your primary spring and weights. It is cheap and easy.

Might also be able to have VFJ cut your clutch, but I would speak with him to be sure. He might not advise it for the 360's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may have to come out with my own line of performance parts. A milled, ported and polished head. A big bore/stroker kit , fully programable ignition box.:D:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
mods

im running the pink and black springs. i have no problems with belt slippage

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I may have to come out with my own line of performance parts. A milled, ported and polished head. A big bore/stroker kit , fully programable ignition box.:D:D
I think a kit tested and proven would be a home run and I want to do this also there is a lot of these 360s. aaen has a pipe already too I think.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I would think more ccs and some compression would not be that tuff to make work, it might need some head work and laying there I would like a project bike to aquire for this sometime. there is a demand for it, i agree just tad more and reliable is all we want..jh

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think a kit would be a big seller. ive been looking for yrs.id buy one

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been looking around and have come up with these performance mods so far.

Air filters
slip on silencers [ Have not come across a full exhaust]
jet kits
clutch springs
Procom ignition box [anyone use this before? found it on ebay]

I was looking for vented air box lids, but have not found any. Please post up any others that you know of. Thanks Craig

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Someone should put a call into wiseco, they make pistons for pretty much every kawasaki except the 360 and 400 prairies. IF there is demand they will make them.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
all we need is a piston and jug and a head and a piston can be made for this,bump up cc size and bump up the comp on and send cam to be regrond and this will be a #1 mud racing atv,they just need about 10 12 more HPs and it will be straight,it can be done!!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I say why not? when most would say why...Theres a s#it load of these out there and same complaint ...need just a smig more hp. Ive rode them and think for money its a whale of machine. It could just be choaked down somewhere in porting or cam timing or both. Guys are going to want to burn cheap gas and we know single lungers can run well but were looking a 600+ pounds still at 400cc. If I could find some one in indiana with one we could do a program and get this off the ground. Deal would be furnish the bike and some r&d time.JH

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think this is a great idea. Still can't understand why the aftermarket hasn't made anything yet. This quad has been out since 2003 and if the jug is the same for all years this will be easy .Lots of 360's out there looking for a little more grunt. With a low compression of 8.3 :1 , Im thinking 9.5 or 10.1. Not sure how much compression this air cooled bike can handle. Im not even looking for mph, looking for more stump pulin low end torque. Now with more compression and bigger bore, full exhaust and a few small mods , this quad will be great. To bad I was not closer to Jim I would drop it off today. Craig

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Father owns one a 05 model and Ive used it for three years know for hunting, and its hauled out two cow moose and a 1200 53" bull this year. Its a great machine, just needs at little more push. Im going to mes with some spring in the clutch first, maybe jetting later. Would love to buy a kit instead:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
x100 Someone has to come out with some type of performance mods for this quad. There are so many of these 360's out there. I have done a few things so far. A hmf slip-on , vented air box lid, dynajet kit and clutch springs. This thing is still a turd. Needs some compression and port work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts