Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
View inside carb

OK, someone asked if I could see what was going on inside the carb while running. So I disconnected the air box and here is what I noticed: Upon increasing the rpm above idle, the slide valve was vibrating up and down in time with the engine , gas was coming out of the jet, what I thought may be an excessive amount but maybe not. I put my finger on the slide and the bike started to run normal, voila!
Now from this observation, what do you experts think is the problem and the cure? I'm certainly open for suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fighting a similar issue in 2019. Not sure if you ever figured this out but I would say just replace the whole slide assembly and check for holes in rubber diaphragm. Its also possible through the years that this vibration has walleyed out the track the slide sits in causing vibration and inconsistent air/fuel. Ive fought my prairie's carb issues for years. best luck was with oem carb with a rebuild kit and a loose valve lash.. although it ticked. it ran like a raped ape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View inside carb

OK, someone asked if I could see what was going on inside the carb while running. So I disconnected the air box and here is what I noticed: Upon increasing the rpm above idle, the slide valve was vibrating up and down in time with the engine , gas was coming out of the jet, what I thought may be an excessive amount but maybe not. I put my finger on the slide and the bike started to run normal, voila!
Now from this observation, what do you experts think is the problem and the cure? I'm certainly open for suggestions. Thanks
vaccume loss

21 - 23 of 23 Posts