Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to explain this term intermittent miss......this bike runs fantastic and at all speeds and WOT. Starts easy too.
At idle after it has warmed up from cold idle....it idles just fine except that it misses 1 beat about every 2 to 4 seconds. It almost seems as if the kill switch made a very quick momentary break in the circuit to stop the spark for one cycle only. Then it idles smooth until the next missed beat.

any help on this critter out there? thanks in advance for your thoughts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I too have a 400. No problems so far but if it were mine, I would verify battery connections are good, look for any loose wires, and based upon a 20+ year old street bike I had, I would be maybe replace the spark plug wire because these get old and brittle with age, not to mention the connections of the spark plug wire can look good from the outside but they can be corroded on the inside where the wire makes its connection to the cap and probably coil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got on it again the other day, It is not the kill switch, or wiring from the coil, battery to CDI unit or any of the fused connectors under the seat. Next time I will look at spark plug wire as suggested

1 - 3 of 3 Posts