Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took on the project of replacing the stator and coil in my 02 prairie 650. The reason for this was because it would kill a fresh battery in 3 days just sitting. So I removed the stator cover and found that the coil had shorted out, it was only reading .13 ohms resistance when the book calls for .33-.59 or something close to that. So according to the book the coil was shorted out. I found a used stator cover that had the coil and stator in it off of a supposedly low hour bike that was being parted out. So I bought it and waited for it to show up. In the meantime I rebuilt my cauburators because they had been leaking. Let me add that the four wheeler ran just fine before all this, other than the fact that it'd kill batteries when it sat. So I received the new stator cover and put it in along with a rebuilt water pump. I had no spark when cranking. So I put the old stator and coil back in, thinking I received a bad part. Still no spark to either cylinder...I have tried everything I know to do to get spark and I cannot figure this out. Someone please help!!

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Was the cover off of a 750 brute? They have a different pulse coil the the prairies as the flywheel is different

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
Go back over your work; it ran before, so you've done something to make it not run.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
a plug wasent put back or fuse blew or something

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
start with any electrical connections that you took apart, follow wirs back to to stator cover, if all looks well then the cover will have to come off.
check your handle bar kill switch and stuff like that as well

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yup recheck the flywheel, crank sensor or kill switch would be a good place to start. Check the wiring connectors for bent pins or other damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts