3,243 Posts
Trying the site's new photo uploader.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Got the flares in. I just did not care for the look. Took the sport look away from the bike in my opinion. The back ones realy bothered me. The fronts weren't to bad looking. I also didn't like the fit on the inside. Felt they
would leak between the flares and fender. Even said in the instruction to prevent leaking to silicone the seam. I sent them back.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

We have a lot of 50" trails here in Utah. These gates are either 52.5" or 53.2" wide.
The newer ones are 53.5". The older ones are 52.5"
Adding 6" to the width of my machine wouldn't work here for me.

I have stock wheels so mud flipping up from the side for me really isn't an issue.
What I dislike id mud flipping up from the back. What I would like is something more like a mudflap.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I realy don't get much mud.my wheels are only 1/2 inch past the factory flares. I just thought the flares would help. I didn't care for them in the flesh. Are trails only permit 50 inch or less also. All the gates and rock openings are all larger than 50 inch though. I'll deal with the little splashes I get. I like this look much better.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I realy don't get much mud.my wheels are only 1/2 inch past the factory flares. I just thought the flares would help. I didn't care for them in the flesh. Are trails only permit 50 inch or less also. All the gates and rock openings are all larger than 50 inch though. I'll deal with the little splashes I get. I like this look much better. View attachment 74904
Just so you know they don't make those front bumpers anymore. When you need a new one get the Bison bumper its better. those Moose bumpers are junk I had the front one they do look good though.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
In my op, the best trails in the mountains have beginnings that look like this:

I LOVE 50".😉

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
But what do you do about these? 🤔

😄😄

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just so you know they don't make those front bumpers anymore. When you need a new one get the Bison bumper its better. those Moose bumpers are junk I had the front one they do look good though.
I agree. They are cheaply made. I got two that were damaged in shipping. I've been lucky so far I haven't sneezed on this one or it would need replaced.

·
Registered
184 Posts
But what do you do about these? 🤔

That's funny. I woul have fit 30 years ago.
The gates are a little wider so the machines don't scrape on them.
The gates are a little wider so the machines don't scrape on them.
Yep. Most openings were I ride are large enough for a truck k to drive through. Which I hate cus there a a bunch of people in there that shouldn't be there. And you can tell when they have been. The trails get destroyed. I have been riding there for over twelve years. I ha e only seen rangers twice. Once they drove by and waved. Once they were set up at a service road actually stopping people che king for registration and trail permit.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I live in the center of the Paiute ATV Trail which travels thru 5 counties.
Fishlake National Forest which is where the majority of Paiute Trail is has over 2700 miles of trails/roads and 807 miles of those miles are restricted to 50" machines.
This includes the Gooseberry Trail and a portion of The Great Western Trail that are all interconnected.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live in the center of the Paiute ATV Trail which travels thru 5 counties.
Fishlake National Forest which is where the majority of Paiute Trail is has over 2700 miles of trails/roads and 807 miles of those miles are restricted to 50" machines.
This includes the Gooseberry Trail and a portion of The Great Western Trail that are all interconnected.
Rub it in some more. All the pictures aren't enough. Ha Ha. I may not even be able to ride anymore this year due to this apocalypse going on.we are on the shelter in place list. And they may be closing the trails down. I'm going to find out Monday.

2641 - 2660 of 2677 Posts