Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2757 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

My newest work vehicle. ;)
Oh man, just the sight of that thing makes me hurt. Rode one just like it up the Beckwith trail years ago. By the time I got back to the truck, I thought I'd be pissing blood for a week. Roughest riding quad I ever swung a leg over. Makes my Prairie feel like a Caddy.😄

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Its a weed sprayer. It belongs to the park.
Its what we use to spray the campgrounds and hiking trails.
Hardest riding machine ever was the Honda Foreman 400.
Back when that machine was new it was the Cadillac.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh man, my first major ground-up resto project was a 94 Honda TRX300FW. That thing was a Cadillac by the time I got done with it. Complete engine overall, chassis refinish, Supertrapp exhaust, Superwinch, new wheels and 25” tires, Progressive suspension, front driveshaft disconnect so I could run in 2wd. It was really nice when I got done with it! Sold it to buy my current Brute quite a few years ago.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Got up a fairly gnarly trail today. Nobody had been on it yet this year. Took some rock stacking to make it rideable.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

My closest friends came down for the weekend. Soo thrilled Utah is opening back up. :D
The gentleman in the red moved in next door to me back in December 1963.

Fish Creek, the trail crosses it three times in about 1/2 mile.

It was a beautiful sunny day and by late afternoon the current had increased quite a bit. :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Great shots and vids Kenny. Hay...now that you have had the battery saw a while, are you still happy with it? Thinking of something a little quicker and cleaner for those light trail clearing trips.

I love it. It leaks a little bit of oil every now and then because its gravity fed.
Stihl ;) WAY BETTER than carrying a gas chainsaw.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I love it. It leaks a little bit of oil every now and then because its gravity fed.
Stihl ;) WAY BETTER than carrying a gas chainsaw.
Yeah my Stihl starts getting fussy...like it vaporlocks after getting hot at higher altitudes. Gets old when you have to stop every few hundred feet to deal with a windfall. Not to mention the fuel needs.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I could buy a new Stihl for less than what I'm into my 40 volt including the extra battery.
For the trail work I do its perfect. I have no desire to carry a can of 2-stroke mix with me.
It always starts, regardless of the altitude. Fires right up. ;)
I carry it in the snowcat too. Below freezing temps and it fire right up.
And I've never needed to sharpen a chain ether. $15 for a brand new one.
When they start to get dull I just replace it with a new chain. (y)
If I cut wood to heat my place I'd have a gas chainsaw but this 40v is the perfect ATV companion.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Kenny how is Doug doing ? I was on his channel lastnight and its been 2 years since he posted a video. Does he still get out and ride ? I think last time I asked you about him you said he was having some health problems. It's a shame he abandoned his channel I really loved his videos

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Kenny how is Doug doing ? I was on his channel lastnight and its been 2 years since he posted a video. Does he still get out and ride ? I think last time I asked you about him you said he was having some health problems. It's a shame he abandoned his channel I really loved his videos
Doug's doing great, his wife has some health issues and he spends his time taking care of her.
He hasn't been out riding for a while and really doesn't have the time it takes to keep his website going. :(
I appreciate you asking. Doug is such a good person and good friend.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Just wrapped up a 5 day, 330 mile ride in Utah's San Rafael Swell (north section). The old Kawie did quite well. No problems except for another bad fuel check valve. Pulled it out, and stuck a fuel filter in it's place, and back on the trail I went. I don't know why I go through so many check valves, but this was the fourth one. I quit buying the OEMs, and just get metal Amazon's now. They don't really last any longer, but they're 1/3 the price. I might just say f*** it and leave the fuel filter in there. It stinks at times, but at least I don't have to wait a half hour to add gas to the tank to avoid the fountain of gushmore.
Anyhoo, here's some pics from the trip if anyone cares to see where I take my Kawasaki...

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

2701 - 2720 of 2757 Posts