Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2741 - 2757 of 2757 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

I used to call my BF Brutus but I changed its name to The Blue Lizard. (y)

I did that so I would remember to put on my Blue Lizard sunscreen before riding.
Blue Lizard is the finest sunscreen money can buy.

I removed all the gaudy Kawasaki stickers but two and added some to my trunk.

The little one above the brake light and this one are the only two Kawasaki stickers remaining.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Went and rode the Hole In The Rock Trail and surrounding area the last 2 weeks. Had some major fun and some major white knuckle moments!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

Took three trips up the Max Reid Trail to get all the trees cleared off it for the holiday weekend.
This is one of the premier trails here on the Paiute Trail.

My first ride up was last week and was stopped by snow. This week all the snow was gone.

A close friend joined my Thursday and Friday to help out.
I've never seen this many trees down on the trail. It starts here in the Park so I'm close and I'm generally the one who gets it opened up every year.
There were some big ones too. Just about all my 14" saw could handle.

I ended up dragging this one off the trail. My ATV wouldn't move it from a dead stop so I had to pull up and get about 4' of slack in the tow strap and hit it hard in reverse. They I could move it about 6' before it stopped me.
I had to do this 4-5 times to get it out of the way.

Alas. The top. Trail open. (y)

From there we headed for Bonanza Jones Road.
This is an old logging road on the Kimberly Mining property and requires written permission to enter from the property owner/managers.

The old mill at Kimberly from the Bonanza Jones Road..

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Took three trips up the Max Reid Trail to get all the trees cleared off it for the holiday weekend.
This is one of the premier trails here on the Paiute Trail.

My first ride up was last week and was stopped by snow. This week all the snow was gone.

A close friend joined my Thursday and Friday to help out.
I've never seen this many trees down on the trail. It starts here in the Park so I'm close and I'm generally the one who gets it opened up every year.
There were some big ones too. Just about all my 14" saw could handle.

I ended up dragging this one off the trail. My ATV wouldn't move it from a dead stop so I had to pull up and get about 4' of slack in the tow strap and hit it hard in reverse. They I could move it about 6' before it stopped me.
I had to do this 4-5 times to get it out of the way.

Alas. The top. Trail open. (y)

From there we headed for Bonanza Jones Road.
This is an old logging road on the Kimberly Mining property and requires written permission to enter from the property owner/managers.

The old mill at Kimberly from the Bonanza Jones Road..
Thanks for all your hard work keeping that trail going. Only those who've removed downed trees know how much work it is.

·
Registered
112 Posts

I used to call my BF Brutus but I changed its name to The Blue Lizard. (y)

I did that so I would remember to put on my Blue Lizard sunscreen before riding.
Blue Lizard is the finest sunscreen money can buy.

I removed all the gaudy Kawasaki stickers but two and added some to my trunk.

The little one above the brake light and this one are the only two Kawasaki stickers remaining.
who makes your trunk? i'm tired of the soft bags....Thanx!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
who makes your trunk? i'm tired of the soft bags....Thanx!
Its a Tamarack Quad Trunk. I bought it back in 2001 when I bought my Honda Rubicon.
Its perfect for me.

I carry lots of "stuff" inside it. :oops: :LOL:

I lined the bottom with door shims for kindling.

You never know when they might come in handy. ;)

2741 - 2757 of 2757 Posts