Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2820 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Its really ashame how many side by sides we see now. If those people had a brain theyd buy a jeep. They last longer and are half the price and street legal
That pic was from an ATV club ride. We had 60+ machines come, and about ten were ATV's!😮

In Utah, it's fairly easy to make a UTV street legal. Most are upgraded with the street legal kits at the dealer before they're even sold. But some of these newer UTVs are getting so expensive that a used Jeep is a cheaper way to offroad. But neither is more fun than an ATV in my book.
I'll be a an ATV guy until the day I die.

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
784 Posts
That pic was from an ATV club ride. We had 60+ machines come, and about ten were ATV's!😮

In Utah, it's fairly easy to make a UTV street legal. Most are upgraded with the street legal kits at the dealer before they're even sold. But some of these newer UTVs are getting so expensive that a used Jeep is a cheaper way to offroad. But neither is more fun than an ATV in my book.
I'll be a an ATV guy until the day I die.
Me to I love my brute. Im a big atv guy also. I do love jeeps to

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
60 machines. Couldn't do that.
Gave up on large groups back when the Moab Jeep Safari was over run by numbers.
It wasn't too bad. I was at the front!😄

I don't mind big groups so long as I'm at the front, or at the rear. Don't think I'd run near as many if I had to be in the middle.
I also like how we all have radios so we don't have to ride on somebody's bumper. Let the dust get out of the road a bit is nice.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
3 to 4 riders works for me.
I guide two rides for the Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree only because I have been asked to.
Other than that, none for me.
Large groups are more like work than fun.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Large groups are more like work than fun.
That's definitely true. Especially on this ride. We had a DNR gate and a snowbank that blocked my normal route in two different loops which forced me take an extra day off to find an alternative route. Ended up running 95 miles and shoveling snow until it got dark just so we'd have a good route that everyone could do and enjoy. And this was all AFTER I was up until 1:30 in the morning putting my steering stem bearing back in my Prairie! Then there was the forest service calls, lining up a restaurant for lunch, finding a camp spot, and switching the staging area to acquire a larger parking spot.😬🥵
By the time it was ready to start, I was already worn out!😆

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Sounds more like a nightmare than fun.
I'm just glad everyone had a good time. Well, everyone except the RZR owner who broke down and had to be towed 20 very dusty miles back to town.😯

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm just glad everyone had a good time. Well, everyone except the RZR owner who broke down and had to be towed 20 very dusty miles back to town.😯
Thats normal for them though 😂

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Thats normal for them though 😂
Yep. We have a Polaris with issues on almost every ride. Luckily, none have caught on fire....yet.😆

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Yep. We have a Polaris with issues on almost every ride. Luckily, none have caught on fire....yet.😆
Aren't the majority of machines Polaris.
I remember years ago when there was always a Taurus in the shop.
Maybe because they were the best selling car in America.
There was always a Honda in there too.

Its great that soo many people can get out and enjoy the ride.
Current Creek is a beautiful area.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
We have a pretty good mix of everything in our group now. The Teryxs and Talons have really gotten popular. Also see lots of 50" Mavericks.

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I'm not a Polaris fan at all.
And I have zero interest in a SxS.
I prefer to ride than to drive.

test drive RZR 800 youtube video by me

This was back in 2011 when I lived at Big Rock Candy Mountain.
We had a few RZR rentals and I took this one for a spin.

Back in Oct 2011 I was given this brand new 2012 550 Touring.
After riding it home it had 7 miles on it.
It had just over 1500 miles on it when I traded it for an 850.

In May 2012 I got this 850 Touring with 67 miles on it.

I preferred the 850 over the 550 for obvious reasons.
The 850 was a workhorse. Fun to ride. Good power.

Both of them had multiple issues with the 550 being the most problematic of the two.
The 550 was the most stable ATV I've ever ridden.
The 550 engine sounded like a cement mixed full of rocks.

There were lots of things I liked about both of them but they had enough issues that I'd never buy one.

And then in Sept 2012 Doug let me take this new 750i SE.
Within the first 25 miles I knew a 750i BF would be my next ATV.
Going from the 850 Touring to the BF was like going from a big block suburban to a Trophy Truck. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Aug 2014 I picked up my new BF. (y)

7 days after I brought it home the stickers fell off and it got new tires. (y)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
A pic from this weekend.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Beautiful! Arizona and Utah have a lot of similar terrain.
Glad to see some new pics on this thread.:)

Reactions: Swanny52
2781 - 2800 of 2820 Posts