Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 2891 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts

Loaded and heading out. :B

An extra 15 gal fresh water, 14 gallons of gas and an extra 5 gal LP.

And firewood.

I went camping with my best friend for his birthday last week.
He moved in next door to me back in December 1963.

Exploring on our ATVs is why we own RVs.

We camped in Murdock Basin in the Uinta Mountains in Wasatch National Forest. Our camp spot was only 211 miles from my front door.

I camper here in the same spot several times about 12-13 years ago before moving to where I live now.

We had very comfortable early morning temperatures.

link Little Deer Creek Falls video

We had a GREAT time.

This counter space and the built in generator are two of my favorite things about my camper.

·
Registered
860 Posts

Loaded and heading out. :B

An extra 15 gal fresh water, 14 gallons of gas and an extra 5 gal LP.

And firewood.

I went camping with my best friend for his birthday last week.
He moved in next door to me back in December 1963.

Exploring on our ATVs is why we own RVs.

We camped in Murdock Basin in the Uinta Mountains in Wasatch National Forest. Our camp spot was only 211 miles from my front door.

I camper here in the same spot several times about 12-13 years ago before moving to where I live now.

We had very comfortable early morning temperatures.

link Little Deer Creek Falls video

We had a GREAT time.

This counter space and the built in generator are two of my favorite things about my camper.
How much does a camper weigh ? Do you really feel the weight difference when it's on there ? I bet its a perfect sleeper.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
How much does a camper weigh ? Do you really feel the weight difference when it's on there ? I bet its a perfect sleeper.

Loaded for camping my camper is about 40 lbs shy of 4000 lbs so I know its there for sure.
Its a fairly big camper.

I bought it used July last year and I have put quite a bit into it.
It has a built in generator so with the push of a button I have plenty of power to run the AC.
It has a microwave and just about every convenience that you can think of.

The bed is a full size queen so its nice and comfy. ;)

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I recognize some of those landscape photos!😉😄 Beautiful!

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Some pics from the weekend.

It wouldn't be a group ride without a Polaris needing a tow. We also had two Arctic Cats go down, and one Kymco that didn't even get 1 mile from camp before it overheated.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Pics from two weekends ago:

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
The third picture from last you couldn't make it up that ?
Look at the 4th pic from last. A rock rolled out from under my tire and it pitched me sideways on a very steep incline. One tire was completely off the ground, and one other was not planted very well. I had to get off very slowly so as to not roll it over. Then I hurried and got the winch set up to pull me back over straight. The big rocks in front of me were no problem. It was the steepness of the trail that got me. The pictures just don't give any clue as to how steep this sucker was.
A couple years ago in this same spot, I came across a full size SxS that had tipped over here.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Look at the 4th pic from last. A rock rolled out from under my tire and it pitched me sideways on a very steep incline. One tire was completely off the ground, and one other was not planted very well. I had to get off very slowly so as to not roll it over. Then I hurried and got the winch set up to pull me back over straight. The big rocks in front of me were no problem. It was the steepness of the trail that got me. The pictures just don't give any clue as to how steep this sucker was.
A couple years ago in this same spot, I came across a full size SxS that had tipped over here.
Did you use low gear ? I still dont have low gear it skips teeth even after the gears beeing replaced. I think its my front diff.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Did you use low gear ? I still dont have low gear it skips teeth even after the gears beeing replaced. I think its my front diff.
Yes, I was in 4 low on this entire trail.

Your front diff shouldn't have anything to do with low range. Something ain't right.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yes, I was in 4 low on this entire trail.

Your front diff shouldn't have anything to do with low range. Something ain't right.
Well I don't know what the deal is but the gears in the transmission were changed and low gear worked a few times but then they started to skip again. I just done use it anymore and nobody seems to know what the problum is. I guess next year when I do motorwork well try to figure it out

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Well I don't know what the deal is but the gears in the transmission were changed and low gear worked a few times but then they started to skip again. I just done use it anymore and nobody seems to know what the problum is. I guess next year when I do motorwork well try to figure it out
Interesting. Make sure you let us know what you find.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Interesting. Make sure you let us know what you find.
Nobody on here ever seemed to know what the problum was. I know when the gears were replaced their was teeth missing. Low gear ran fine the first times I used it then the teeth skipped again

·
Registered
257 Posts
It’s possibly the “star” collar that slips over the gears. If it gets damaged, it can allow the trans to work in H or L depending on the linkage adjustment, but can’t be adjusted to work on both.

Ask me how I know haha

·
Registered
860 Posts
It’s possibly the “star” collar that slips over the gears. If it gets damaged, it can allow the trans to work in H or L depending on the linkage adjustment, but can’t be adjusted to work on both.

Ask me how I know haha
Intresting ill ask Dman if he replaced that while it was apart.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Intresting ill ask Dman if he replaced that while it was apart.
Here’s what 2 of the trans pieces looked like when it was rebuilt. Can’t remember which does what but you get the gist. Obviously with the sheared teeth it isn’t going to hang on to a gear, but I did manage to finagle it work in L.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Here’s what 2 of the trans pieces looked like when it was rebuilt. Can’t remember which does what but you get the gist. Obviously with the sheared teeth it isn’t going to hang on to a gear, but I did manage to finagle it work in L.

View attachment 75381
Thanks so much for the post and your input. I would really like to get to the bottom of this issue. It would be nice to have low gear work because I never know if ill ever need it or not

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
From Friday's ride.

2821 - 2840 of 2891 Posts