Registered
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Then I hooked up with some friends and we rode as far as the trail went, then we went for a hike.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

I got out for another short ride yesterday.

This is a "50" gate". There are a lot of trails here that are restricted to machines that are 50" wide or less.

This is the Max Reid Trail. One of the more popular trails.

Yesterday was the perfect day to ride this trail. The temperature was cool and the rain the day before eliminated the dust and with the leaves changing it made for a great ride.

Once at the top of Max Reid we headed for trail 1095.
It doesn't show up really well but the first section of this trail is really off camber. Regardless of how many times I go here it still makes my butt pucker crossing this section.

This is the end of this trail. Its just over two miles long but its well worht the ride.

Pictures never show just how steep trails are. This is a very steep section.
This trail is never maintained by the Forest Service so every time you go up it there's a good chance there are trees that have fallen and blocking the trail.

Headed back across the off camber section.

We finished the ride with the Bonanza Jones Road. Built in the 1940's for logging at the infamous Kimberly Mining Town.

·
Registered
966 Posts

I got out for another short ride yesterday.

This is a "50" gate". There are a lot of trails here that are restricted to machines that are 50" wide or less.

This is the Max Reid Trail. One of the more popular trails.

Yesterday was the perfect day to ride this trail. The temperature was cool and the rain the day before eliminated the dust and with the leaves changing it made for a great ride.

Once at the top of Max Reid we headed for trail 1095.
It doesn't show up really well but the first section of this trail is really off camber. Regardless of how many times I go here it still makes my butt pucker crossing this section.

This is the end of this trail. Its just over two miles long but its well worht the ride.

Pictures never show just how steep trails are. This is a very steep section.
This trail is never maintained by the Forest Service so every time you go up it there's a good chance there are trees that have fallen and blocking the trail.

Headed back across the off camber section.

We finished the ride with the Bonanza Jones Road. Built in the 1940's for logging at the infamous Kimberly Mining Town.
I wish we had 50 inch trails. Tired of seeing so many side by sides

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I live for 50" trails and I too am getting tired of the bigger machines. Really tired of them.

If I wanted to just drive on roads I'd take my pickup.
Plus one here. I hate how they like to take their half out of the middle. Especially around blind corners.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
So I was sitting at the end of the trail yesterday up a very popular local canyon listening to the elk bugle when a heard a couple more machines coming up the trail. I was quite surprised to see that they were Kawies, and one of them was dressed in a familiar color....😍
You don't see that everyday!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
So I was sitting at the end of the trail yesterday up a very popular local canyon listening to the elk bugle when a heard a couple more machines coming up the trail. I was quite surprised to see that they were Kawies, and one of them was dressed in a familiar color....😍
You don't see that everyday!

9/16/2014, about four weeks after I bought mine I was guiding a ride for the Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree.
At about 18 seconds into the video you can see another new blue BF that was on my ride.
Its the only one like mine I've ever seen.
I'm actually surprised that there are soo few Kawasaki ATVs out there.
Their Teryx seems to be quite popular.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

I used my dump trailer today. (y)

I hauled some firewood up to the other campground.

And then cleaned out some fire pits and dumped the ashes in our dump pile.

·
Registered
966 Posts

I used my dump trailer today. (y)

I hauled some firewood up to the other campground.

And then cleaned out some fire pits and dumped the ashes in our dump pile.
I would love to have a trailer like that for firewood

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I would love to have a trailer like that for firewood
Its an awesome trailer. Its an electric screw dump and has electric brakes in the front axle and will haul about 1100 lbs.
It weighs nearly 600 lbs. Add another 1100 and an ATV can't pull it. :LOL:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Its an awesome trailer. Its an electric screw dump and has electric brakes in the front axle and will haul about 1100 lbs.
It weighs nearly 600 lbs. Add another 1100 and an ATV can't pull it. :LOL:
Can you provide me a link please as to where I can buy it ?

2881 - 2900 of 2939 Posts