Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2939 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

Took a short ride the other night with some friends. This is one of my favorite trails.

Bummed me out that I filled my garbage sack before I ever left the trailhead. :mad:

Best 50" gate I've ever seen. There's no getting around this one in bigger machines.
Its difficult for a few of the longer 50" SxS.

Way cool. I wonder what purpose it served. :unsure:

The last stretch going up to the top.

After fixing dinner up on top we headed back down.

The End

·
Registered
966 Posts

Took a short ride the other night with some friends. This is one of my favorite trails.

Bummed me out that I filled my garbage sack before I ever left the trailhead. :mad:

Best 50" gate I've ever seen. There's no getting around this one in bigger machines.

The End
Beautiful pictures as always. Thanks Kenny for sharing

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
3,734 Posts

The End
Very cool. It sure looks a lot different up there this time of year. I've never been up there this late.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Very cool. It sure looks a lot different up there this time of year. I've never been up there this late.
I didn't make it up there last year and this was really the first opportunity to go this year.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I didn't make it up there last year and this was really the first opportunity to go this year.
Glad you made it out there. I know how much you like it. There will probably be 3 feet of snow up there before we know it.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Got all three machines out yesterday to do some exploring on a trail system I'd only ridden part of before. It was a great day. We never saw another machine all day except for three SUVs. Half of the system is 50" restricted.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

I thought for a second today that I was going over. o_O :unsure:(y)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

Went for a ride Friday with a few friends and we ended up removing a few trees off the trails.
This one was huge and landed on top of the trail rather than across the trail.

We figured if we cut out a section of the tree we could ride along side of the tree and thru the section we cut out.

We picked out what we wanted to cut out and went to work.

Once we got a section cut we attached a snatch block to two downed trees and winched the section off the trail.

That was one big ass tree for my little 14" 40v chainsaw. Biggest tree so far for my little chainsaw.

I have two batteries for my chainsaw, a 2Ah and a 5Ah. I used every bit of both of them that day.
We cut and removed 4 trees off the trail prior to this one.
Very grateful that they lasted long enough to cut thru this one.
So after getting back home I ordered a third battery, a 6Ah this time.

It was another great ride.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

Soapstone Basin, Uintah National Forest June 2005

Sam Stowe Paiute Trail 01, Fishlake National Forest, November 21, 2020

This is my best friend Lance. He moved in next door to me back in December 1963.

Yes, I'm an old fart. ;)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

Went for a ride Monday. It was a bit nippy but a beautiful day.

I was hoping to make it up to Barney Lake but this was as far as I made it. Maybe 150 yards from Marysvale Peak.
Had I been able to make it to the Peak Barney Lake was sown hill from there.

It was still good ride. ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts

Went for a ride Monday. It was a bit nippy but a beautiful day.

I was hoping to make it up to Barney Lake but this was as far as I made it. Maybe 150 yards from Marysvale Peak.
Had I been able to make it to the Peak Barney Lake was sown hill from there.

It was still good ride. ;)
Lookn good kenny !

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Left it all behind in the UK when i moved to southern Spain 14 years ago , see it up high in the mountains sometimes during the winter but it does not last long , have to travel around 4hrs to se heavy falls .

2901 - 2920 of 2939 Posts