Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3005 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Can't see enough of this rig. These Team Green P700's have to be the coolest 4 wheelers ever. It's the green that puts yours over...the camo ones are sorta cool. Woodsman Green and Aztec Red are OK but just don't stand out.
The front of them is just really good looking. Those peaks look like the back of Wasatch front maybe Provo Canyon.
Thanks Wyoprairie. I agree.🙂 I'm so glad I got the team green. When I was hunting for a p700, there were two in Phoenix that I made arrangements to go see. First one was a red one, and second was this one. The red was nice, but the team green was awesome, and it was in better shape. It was immaculate. Showroom new. The little nubs were still on the stock tires. The guy told me on the phone that he bought it in Seattle when he lived there, and he never rode it after a rain storm. I thought sure, likely story. How do you ride in Seattle if you won't ride on wet roads? Turned out that he was 100% honest. I crawled under it and looked, and there was no sign that it had ever even been off the pavement, let alone in mud or dirt.
He had basically bought it and stored it for 7 years. Paid him cash in full amount without quibble, and loaded it up. He watched me load it up and even walked down the end of his street to watch me drive off with it. He got teary eyed as I drove out of sight, and I knew I had just scored a diamond.

You are absolutely correct. You have a good eye. This area is the backside of Mt. Timpanogos. I drove up Provo Canyon to Heber to ride from the Soldier Hollow area. I actually first tried to ride from Sundance to the same area, but the guy Robby Redford hires to plow the parking lot had made a 7 foot wall of snow to climb over to get to the trail, so I loaded back up and drove around the mountain.
I guess you've been by there a time or two?

Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
85 KLT110, 08 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360 Camo
35 Posts
Thanks Wyoprairie. I agree.🙂 I'm so glad I got the team green. When I was hunting for a p700, there were two in Phoenix that I made arrangements to go see. First one was a red one, and second was this one. The red was nice, but the team green was awesome, and it was in better shape. It was immaculate. Showroom new. The little nubs were still on the stock tires. The guy told me on the phone that he bought it in Seattle when he lived there, and he never rode it after a rain storm. I thought sure, likely story. How do you ride in Seattle if you won't ride on wet roads? Turned out that he was 100% honest. I crawled under it and looked, and there was no sign that it had ever even been off the pavement, let alone in mud or dirt.
He had basically bought it and stored it for 7 years. Paid him cash in full amount without quibble, and loaded it up. He watched me load it up and even walked down the end of his street to watch me drive off with it. He got teary eyed as I drove out of sight, and I knew I had just scored a diamond.

You are absolutely correct. You have a good eye. This area is the backside of Mt. Timpanogos. I drove up Provo Canyon to Heber to ride from the Soldier Hollow area. I actually first tried to ride from Sundance to the same area, but the guy Robby Redford hires to plow the parking lot had made a 7 foot wall of snow to climb over to get to the trail, so I loaded back up and drove around the mountain.
I guess you've been by there a time or two?
Neat biography...makes yours even more special. My camo p360 similar story but more owners. Really fun to find these ones that are out of the ordinary. (I work in the oil and gas industry-cover a 9 state region-put about 60k a year on my company rig-a new SuperDuty F250 crew-we make really big engines and compressors used in pipelines, gas processing plants, refineries and power plants. I go down Provo Canyon to see customers in Payson and Springville, and sometimes stay in Provo, Orem, or Springville. I love Utah-would like to live in Washington County, but seems like everybody wants to do that.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll give Camo a shot and that's it because he's not very interesting just hanging out in the garage. He was also basically just stored away. 2011 model. Built 9/15/10 at Lincoln. In service 11/26/10. Was the grand prize in a sweepstake by a plumbing supply company in KS. Winner had no use for him, just put him away. Sold or traded him to a young guy in western KS who also just stored him away, then traded him to a dealer in Hays for a SxS. Dealer calls his best friend/ next door neighbor and says come see this one. So that guy buys him and basically stores him away, too. He used him once in a while to pull some lawn accessory on his 2 acre place and once a year to string up Christmas lights. He said all the new vehicle tags were still on the wheeler when he bought him, and the dealer had to clean the carb because Camo hadn't been run. I asked him about the tool kit and he didn't even know there was a tool box back there. He'd never seen the drain hose to drain the carb bowl. Virtually everything on him is still factory virgin. Hard to find a bolt or screw that has seen a socket or screwdriver. This guy had him for just under 6 years and estimated maybe 28 hrs and 120 miles, if that. I didn't like the idea of more than 1 owner, but then thought, well, what if 2 of those owners never even rode him and the third only very little. Went and got the WY title and registration today so he can bust out of the garage soon.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Woah. Nice one. That guy would be a blast on sand dunes. Two stroke?
No, that's just basically a 2wd sport version of my P700. Same exact engine.
I think the KFX is still the only cvt operated sport quad ever made.
Kawasaki was such an innovative company back in the 2000's. Too bad they didn't carry that through today.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
It was a nice machine. It had the best of everything.

·
Registered
987 Posts

Team Green. I sold this KFX back in 2010 for a good friend.
I never did get to ride it but it sure sounded cool.
I would love to find one of these. Be a great sport quad.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts

I think these might be my next set of summer tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not a sport quad, but this little guy is my alternative to the P360's. Going on 36 years old and still as rude and obnoxious as ever. Doesn't get out much, but I always have fun when we do.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
My buddy had one of those for awhile. He got it as payment for some work he did. He wanted me to try it out to see if it was worth keeping as he's not really into ohvs. I took it out to Little Moab area. It was a blast. Honda doesn't get real innovative on anything ahead of the rest of the makers very often, but they did on that quad. The center chain drive had never been done before, and it allowed for an irs sport quad. I believe it's still the only irs sport quad ever made. It rode really smooth over those big rocks in the road over by Nutty Putty Cave, and it was fun on the mini track nearby.
It was fast, and had a very forgiving clutch. The only thing I didn't like was the twist throttle conversion the original owner had put on it. Love it on dirt bikes, hate it on quads.

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
3,795 Posts

I think these might be my next set of summer tires.
I had a set of Hole Shot knock offs on one of my Wolvys. They were very lightweight, and had good traction. They just don't last very long. They were shot at about 2000 miles, and that was on a 400 pound machine. Maybe the real ones have better longevity, but probably not by much.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I had a set of Hole Shot knock offs on one of my Wolvys. They were very lightweight, and had good traction. They just don't last very long. They were shot at about 2000 miles, and that was on a 400 pound machine. Maybe the real ones have better longevity, but probably not by much.
Mine will be Hole Shots. I'm not too concerned with how long they last.
Should be fun to see how well they perform.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Mine will be Hole Shots. I'm not too concerned with how long they last.
Should be fun to see how well they perform.
I think you'll like them. They will make your Brute feel like it gained a couple ponies, and they are awesome on the loose gravel trails and hardpack.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I know when I take my Mud Wolfs off and put my ACTs back on its like getting an extra 10 hp for free.
I'm looking forward to giving them a try.

2961 - 2980 of 3005 Posts