Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3084 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Thanks, I feel its my obligation to look out for the elderly. DM you really have 11k on your Brute?
I appreciate that you do that. Thank you.

Yes I do. I did replace the stator and fuel pump at about 8000 miles, other than that it has been 100% trouble free.
I don't beat or abuse it. I used Valvoline 10w40 ATV oil for the first 5000 miles and then switched over to Kawasaki 10w40 full synthetic and WIX XP oil filters. I change the oil, oil filter and replace the air filter with a OE air filter every 500 miles.

As far as I can tell it runs as good as it did the day I bought it. Its been an excellent machine.

Reactions: Rnl79

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I've thought about putting a plow on several of my ATV's, but never actually got around to it. Maybe one of these winters.....

Reactions: Rnl79 and rubiranch

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've thought about putting a plow on several of my ATV's, but never actually got around to it. Maybe one of these winters.....
Ive honestly used it maybe 3 or 4 times the last 4 years. Our winters have been very weak lately.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Ive honestly used it maybe 3 or 4 times the last 4 years. Our winters have been very weak lately.
That's all you have to do if you want it to stop snowing.

·
Registered
85 KLT110, 08 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360 Camo
84 Posts
The 11's were outside today....for 15 minutes, anyway. Finally thawing out, but they still can't go anywhere because now it's sloppy. (Actually I suppose they don't get dirty riding in deep snow, but how do you avoid water all over the floor when they come back in?)

These 2 were born just a few weeks apart. Kawie (blue one) was built 08/02/2010 while Camo was built 09/15/2010, but Camo was in service 11/26/10, while Kawie didn't get sold until 04/08/2011. Their tires are dated the same week. All of my Kawasaki's were built before their model year.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ah so you do like the PB as well. Still think they would be the most fun you can have driving in the white stuff. I'm noticing you take the decals off your BF. I put decals on, ha ha. Only factory ones of course, but if a warning label is scuffed or missing, I have to get a new one and it has to have the exact same part number on it.

Utah riding question. In WY we've had "street legal" for several decades. At first they required you to get a motorcycle endorsement, but in early 2000s they quit that-guess they realized MC and ATV are 2 different animals. But we have 2 kinds of "street legal". To ride anywhere except Interstates, you get License Plate registration as a MPV. Otherwise you can get a sticker registration as a ORV. But ORV can still ride on some highways as well as forest roads, BLM roads, and roads in State Parks. If I understand it right, when you guys went street legal option a few years ago, they left it so that towns could allow non street legal as well. We have no towns that give an exemption to the street legal requirement.

I have ridden in Washington City on 4 lane streets without a street legal wheeler. Washington and Hurricane both say you can as long as you are going to a riding area (ie. Sand Hollow, Hurricane Dunes, Warner Valley....) but if I've got it right, towns like Beaver and Richfield allow riding around town without being street legal or having to be going to a riding area. I was looking at real estate in Elsinore, and Elsinore says you can ride any street as long as you are going to a riding area, which I guess would be Elsinore Mtn Road/Forest 105? So is this correct that in Richfield you could ride down to the store? Here people do it a lot, but not much in the winter. I find it amusing when I drive by the bar and there are 4 or 5 wheelers parked in front.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
In towns like Richfield and Elsinore they have designated routes for ATVs and SxS that are not street legal, no turn signals, horn and a license plate.

In Utah you can not ride on HWYs or interstates even if your machine is street legal.

Most small towns in the area kind of look the other way if you're riding in town.

One night the PB runs just fine, the next night it has steering problems, blade tilt problems and the issues change from side to side at will. I really enjoy grooming. The biggest downside is the POS F-450 that I tow the cat with and the constant intermittent problems with the cat. I like a lot of things about the PB, its just not consistent and the issues have not been repairable.

Thursday night was a great trouble free night. I groomed about 57 miles and the cat ran great. It made for an enjoyable night.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Too bad they can't resolve the problems with the PB's. Are they now going Bombardier? Guess it would have to be a snowcat type vehicle.

We can't ride quad or SxS on Interstate. Other highways, you are advised to have a dune type flag or an orange slow moving vehicle triangle IF your wheeler can not do the speed limit-which could be 65/70. If a wheeler can't do more than 25mph then you are required to have orange triangle on back. My neighbors (both in their 80's) rode their wheelers to Laramie (2 lane hwy) to see grandson-70 miles each way. Now that's dedication. State hwy but not a lot of traffic on it.

You have so many towns connected to riding. Ferron, Emery, Circleville, Marysvale, Panguitch, Hatch. I can only think of one town in WY connected to a trail: Story, WY and the Penrose ATV trail. We don't have a network like you guys do.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You can ride an ATV from the north boarder of Utah to the south boarder.
There are close to 70,000 miles of dirt roads and trails you can ride an ATV on in Utah.
We are pretty OHV friendly.

This was my previous snowcat, a Bombardier. It was old when they replaced it.
I'm not sure what they are buying now, I guess I should say leasing.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is it fairly necessary for them to have groomed it in order to have a good ride-do you run snow tires on your 700? 360's weigh in at about 610 and I'm thinking 360's might struggle in deep, loose snow.

I enjoy the drive over 35. This was the last trip over for the season and snowmobiles had already been up.
20191211_135323.jpg

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Is it fairly necessary for them to have groomed it in order to have a good ride-do you run snow tires on your 700? 360's weigh in at about 610 and I'm thinking 360's might struggle in deep, loose snow.

I enjoy the drive over 35. This was the last trip over for the season and snowmobiles had already been up. View attachment 75973
Usually just having a few snowmobiles pack it down is sufficient, but I can go a lot faster if it's got a fresh groom.
I don't run specific snow tires, but the tires I have right now are awesome in the snow. I got up to 55 mph on it with about 3 inches of fluff on top of the harder stuff. And that's 10k feet too.

I had no idea the 360's were that heavy. My p700 is ~635 pounds with fluids.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I would have thought more weight diff between the 700 and the 360 since you have V-twin and liquid cool. But 360's are sorta known for being heavy....ask any high schooler that tries to wheelie one.

You probably know this spot. Little circle turnoff right along the highway has a small lake. "Buddy" my trusty company truck (and constant companion!). If I'm pressed for time, I grab a deli lunch and make a quick stop up there before heading on to Altamont and Vernal.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yeah, I would have thought more weight diff between the 700 and the 360 since you have V-twin and liquid cool. But 360's are sorta known for being heavy....ask any high schooler that tries to wheelie one.

You probably know this spot. Little circle turnoff right along the highway has a small lake. "Buddy" my trusty company truck (and constant companion!). If I'm pressed for time, I grab a deli lunch and make a quick stop up there before heading on to Altamont and Vernal.
View attachment 75974 .
Yes, know that spot well. It's the trailhead for an awesome little atv route. Not doable in winter though!😄

Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just went and checked the owner's manuals...dry weight for KVF Prairie 360 is actually 581.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Just went and checked the owner's manuals...dry weight for KVF Prairie 360 is actually 581.
Yeah, so you were about right with a wet weight of 610.

3001 - 3020 of 3084 Posts