Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

3121 - 3140 of 3160 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Nice camp spot. What do you do about your truck antenna with cabover coming out that far-is it flexible and it doesn't bother it-asking for a friend;)
That's in one of the campgrounds here in the park, we have two. One with full hookups and one without.
The antenna is flexible and I put a small piece of vacuum hose on the end of it so it doesn't beat up the bottom of the camper.

The cabover does extend out a bit. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
85 KLT110, 08 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360 Camo
112 Posts
Yeah yours does go out a ways. Here's why I wondered. This is Brody. A 1994 one ton.

Antenna clipped at about the roof of the cab. Truck was 24 years with original owner, and 3 years now with me. Original owner had a camper, and I bet clipped the antenna because of that-these old ones weren't very flexible.
He also put taller tires on (285s instead of stock 235s), so the truck barely gets under a regular garage door. At one point I decided I wasn't gonna buy him because of the round tie downs by the tail lights. But this truck had 24 years with original owner, all service records, and 34k original miles. So I thought, you're gonna not buy just because of 2 round doohickeys? Flew out to SoCal and drove him back. Didn't come with the camper, though..........

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Damn dude thanks for the idea. Ive never heard of those. I usually just take a turkey hogie with me or a tuna hogie.
You're welcome. Try it on some salt n pepper Triscuit crackers. It delish!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Tuna fish is nothing more than sewer trout. :sick: :p
[/Qdelight!
I'll eat them both, but trout has to be eaten the day it's caught.😉👍

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Had to look up where this is...do you park at Goblin and come down Hans Flat Rd? The "No OHV" signs are maybe big enough. When I feel like I want to just move somewhere as far away as I can, I think Ticaboo.
We parked at Hite Marina and rode north. Ohv's are not allowed past Hans Flat Ranger Station (as of right now, but we're working on that). Those huge No OHV signs are going to be pulled out soon. The GCNRA does not like them, and they didn't even want us taking pictures of them.

I was going to head over to Ticaboo after this ride and spend a couple days there, but a huge 3 day windstorm blew in and it was unbearable out there. You couldn't even see across the street in Hanksville. I decided rather than fill my air filter full of sand, I would just come home.

Here's our route:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yeah yours does go out a ways. Here's why I wondered. This is Brody. A 1994 one ton. View attachment 76251

Antenna clipped at about the roof of the cab. Truck was 24 years with original owner, and 3 years now with me. Original owner had a camper, and I bet clipped the antenna because of that-these old ones weren't very flexible.
He also put taller tires on (285s instead of stock 235s), so the truck barely gets under a regular garage door. At one point I decided I wasn't gonna buy him because of the round tie downs by the tail lights. But this truck had 24 years with original owner, all service records, and 34k original miles. So I thought, you're gonna not buy just because of 2 round doohickeys? Flew out to SoCal and drove him back. Didn't come with the camper, though..........

That's a really nice truck. I bought my 2011 in 2013 with 20,000 miles on it. Today it has over 220,000 miles on it and it still wears the factory brakes. Most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

A little ride last evening.

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
112 Posts
Some P360 scenery. Camo (well, Cameaux if you're in Louisiana) out at last. Carb tight (but not too tight) and dry (no leaks). Went to Glendo Lake this time instead of Guernsey-spend the day and try to get out of there before the Greenies roll in for the holiday.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Big change from plodding around a 2-acre place in Kansas. Camo probably spent more time in high gear today than in lifetime prior.

3121 - 3140 of 3160 Posts