·
Registered
405 Posts
Where were you in Kansas?

·
Registered
85 KLT110, 08 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360 Camo
112 Posts
I drove down in January this year and brought "Camo" (2011 Prairie 360 4x4) back. Owner in Hays advertised him for sale. I actually know Kansas quite well-go there often in my work and like it.

Sort of unique biography for this wheeler. Was grand prize in a sweepstakes by Ferguson (plumbing supply) and won by a guy in Kansas, so won thru their Lenexa KS branch, and delivered thru Shawnee Cycle Kawasaki. Young guy in a small place called Healy, and he didn't have any use for a wheeler, so just stored Camo away in the garage. In 2015, he traded Camo for a SxS at Polaris dealer in Hays. Polaris dealer then sold Camo to the guy I bought him from. The guy I bought him from said the wheeler still had the new delivery tags attached, and the dealer had to clean the carb because Camo hadn't been run. (That must be where the screws on the carb were torqued too hard and stripped). The guy I bought him from has the 2 acre place, and hardly ever used the wheeler. He said he pulled some lawn attachment, maybe fertilizer or aerator or something, and once a year used him to string Christmas lights, and that was it. So this Prairie is still almost new. Doesn't have the speedo/hour package, but I can tell has hardly ever been ridden.

I hoped to maybe get a copy of the sweepstakes post from Ferguson but they didn't have anything. I found out the whole story because I had to track down a possible title because neither of the guys who owned him titled him. In KS they are supposed to, but not required to, so they don't because of personal property tax. In WY we have to title them because they are considered motor vehicles and can be ridden anywhere (within some rules) except the Interstate highways. So I found the whole story from the dealers involved, the plumbing supply company, and the owner.

I took this one the other day. Camo was in the garage from Jan til now because of a leaky carb. What shoulda been a 2 hr job took a couple days because of the screws being stripped. When I went to get him, his owner said, oh there is one thing-the carb has a leak. Well I looked at the carb drain hose, and I thought that was it. (The guy didn't know about the carb drain-he didn't know the tool box was under the back rack) Anyway turns out it was the O-ring needing replacement. There's the whole story ya didn't need, but I'm always fascinated by the background story of vehicles.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I drove down in January this year and brought "Camo" (2011 Prairie 360 4x4) back. Owner in Hays advertised him for sale. I actually know Kansas quite well-go there often in my work and like it.

Sort of unique biography for this wheeler. Was grand prize in a sweepstakes by Ferguson (plumbing supply) and won by a guy in Kansas, so won thru their Lenexa KS branch, and delivered thru Shawnee Cycle Kawasaki. Young guy in a small place called Healy, and he didn't have any use for a wheeler, so just stored Camo away in the garage. In 2015, he traded Camo for a SxS at Polaris dealer in Hays. Polaris dealer then sold Camo to the guy I bought him from. The guy I bought him from said the wheeler still had the new delivery tags attached, and the dealer had to clean the carb because Camo hadn't been run. (That must be where the screws on the carb were torqued too hard and stripped). The guy I bought him from has the 2 acre place, and hardly ever used the wheeler. He said he pulled some lawn attachment, maybe fertilizer or aerator or something, and once a year used him to string Christmas lights, and that was it. So this Prairie is still almost new. Doesn't have the speedo/hour package, but I can tell has hardly ever been ridden.

I hoped to maybe get a copy of the sweepstakes post from Ferguson but they didn't have anything. I found out the whole story because I had to track down a possible title because neither of the guys who owned him titled him. In KS they are supposed to, but not required to, so they don't because of personal property tax. In WY we have to title them because they are considered motor vehicles and can be ridden anywhere (within some rules) except the Interstate highways. So I found the whole story from the dealers involved, the plumbing supply company, and the owner. View attachment 76267
I took this one the other day. Camo was in the garage from Jan til now because of a leaky carb. What shoulda been a 2 hr job took a couple days because of the screws being stripped. When I went to get him, his owner said, oh there is one thing-the carb has a leak. Well I looked at the carb drain hose, and I thought that was it. (The guy didn't know about the carb drain-he didn't know the tool box was under the back rack) Anyway turns out it was the O-ring needing replacement. There's the whole story ya didn't need, but I'm always fascinated by the background story of vehicles.
Quite the story. The only thing I collect are Cars from the movies and Planes.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

I did get out the other day to see if the 4-wd was back to normal which appears to be. (y)

Tons of wild flowers blooming right now.

Coming back down Sam Stowe I decided to clean it up a bit.

I attended a chainsaw certification class recently sponsored by Utah State Parks OHV Program and taught by the awesome folks from NOHVCC. National Off-Highway Conservation Council.

I received my Class C Sawyer certification. Class C is the highest of the three.

"May independently fell, buck, and limb any size material in highly complex situations.
Has demonstrated ability for advanced saw work, advanced understanding of Forest Service saw directives, and the ability to teach saw skills to others.
Has demonstrated good judgment in assessing complex situations and own skill limitations and in safely completing sawing tasks.
May conduct formal instruction and proficiency evaluations for A and B Sawyers."

Run forest run!! :ROFLMAO:

Another good day on the trail.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Went for a ride today. Had to turn the Green Streak into a rolling fuel can.😄 115 miles.

Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Reactions: wyoprairie

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wheeler in the aspen grove looks really cool. The one with the island...is that Strawberry/Soldier Creek? (Go by those a lot and it looks similar.)

This is my favorite Huracan color....were I so lucky. I'm fairly certain "Verde Mantis" is Italian for "Team Green"

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Wheeler in the aspen grove looks really cool. The one with the island...is that Strawberry/Soldier Creek? (Go by those a lot and it looks similar.)

View attachment 76289
This is my favorite Huracan color....were I so lucky. I'm fairly certain "Verde Mantis" is Italian for "Team Green"
Good eye. It is Strawberry Reservoir.👍

·
Registered
112 Posts
Need to find some new scenery but I like that we take pictures of our wheelers. "Kawie" is the last one to get out this spring. Battery is apparently shot. Borrowed Camo's battery. Shows charged, but doesn't start. Bet tester will show no good. Was gonna stop at Kawasaki dealer in Cheyenne to see what they have and completely forgot to stop.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Finaly got the new wheels put on. I love the way it looks now. I hated the all black wheels.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Don't the new ones come with only black wheels?

3141 - 3160 of 3160 Posts