Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Prairie / Brute Force / Bayou Pics

715K views 4K replies 429 participants last post by  kickstart 
#1 ·
HEY GUYS JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE PIC OF ALL YOUR RIDES IN THIS FOURM

[attachmentid=19527]

[attachmentid=19528]

[attachmentid=19529]

#1,228 · (Edited)
Led my annual Cove Ford Ride for the Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree.

This was the group in at Cove Fort

We got some rain in the afternoon - raining cats and dogs today - I bet a lot of the folks don't ride today.

With over 500 registrants I believe this is the biggest ATV Jamboree in the country.

#1,229 ·
Finally back out on the trail today with the new top end working well.

The snow is falling in the Rockies!

#1,234 ·
Thanks guys! It's good to be up and running.:)

And I thought I took some pretty nice pics until I saw Rubiranch's!:eek: Holy cow, those are incredible. Even calendar worthy. I'm going to blow a few of them up and use them for my wallpapers.
Great job Kenny!:tup:

#1,235 ·
thanks kickstart, those are some pretty nice words - help yourself

I had been wondering if you had your machine back on the trails and when I checked today I saw that you did - glad to see you riding again. :tup:

My last day driving a truck for a loving is this Friday. I have next week to ride and then I go in for some surgery the following week and I'm done riding til late Nov maybe Dec - but then maybe sooner. :lol:

#1,237 ·
Came across this Kawie today. It was parked on a corner with nobody in sight, so I figured I needed to get a picture with it next to mine. This is the first time I've ever seen one of these out on the trails. I've seen a few green and orange ones at the dunes, but never on the trails. It's basically a stripped down and lighter two wheel drive version of my ride!

#1,239 · (Edited)
I went for another ride yesterday up one of my very favorite canyons, Fish Creek.

The beginning of trail 1045.

Fall is hands down my favorite time of the year to ride.

The tallest peak there is Mt Belknap @ 12137 ft.

There's a trail well hidden in there that seldom sees any traffic.
It goes up to one of my very favorite cabins.

A few trees I moved by hand. One other tree I had to cut and winch out of the way.

Not so sure its a cabin. More like a nice two story home.
All cut lumber and it even has nice moldings and base boards.

And its very photogenic. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOX484sNgrA
This video is coming back down from the cabin.

This doesn't look like much be we all know what the camera does to angles.
It gets worse every year and this is were most folks turn back. :eek:
A few folks get hurt here every year by going over backwards coming back up. :(

With ever spring runoff and summer rains these ruts get worse.
What an awesome ride. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs5T60LuxO8
Headed for the end of the trail less than a 1/4 mile away.

This is the end of the trail. Round trip from my front door is about 33 miles.

Another perfect fall ride.

#1,240 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my name is Stephen. I've been corresponding with Doug Meyer for about 6 years now and been an active member over at NYROC until they shut down the old website and reformatted with the new. I've been through a lot of different Atvs through the years and have ended up on a Brute for the third time. Had a 2008, 2010 and now a 2016 Brute Force. I've also owned a Grizzly 700 and a King Quad 450 and a King Quad 750. Never even thought about a Polaris as I've seen how they end up working out in the end. I've been following Rubiranch and Kickstart for a while, VERY envious of their riding areas. Unfortunately Alabama's scenic locations are few and far between. Lots of mud and trees. I always get made fun of on the trail for having a Brute and driving around the mud. I've also had the pleasure of having personally tested a lot of different tires over the years. Just got through with Kenda Bear Claw HTRs and now I have 26" Mud Rebel R/T's. I told Doug that Utah is on my bucket list after seeing all these gorgeous photos here!

Attachments

#1,243 · (Edited)
I was sending a friend of mine a plethora of photographs from rubiranch and kickstart. I sit with mouth agape in sheer awe. Its one of the many reasons I ride, you never know what you might see. Kenny, after your having to balance the Sedona Mud Rebel R/Ts I was gun shy about getting them. I called several tire stores about balancing Atv wheels and they all had the same response- HUH?!
With that I decided to take a chance on them and they ended up being great! They are slightly out of balance but only just. They seem a little stiffer than BD but may be because they are newer. They are definitely taller than the BD XTR in the 26".

Attachments

#1,244 ·
I was going to buy a lime green BF but they were all gone and the 2015s were on there way so I ended up with blue. Never thought I'd end up with a blue one. If I had bought the lime green one I would have removed all the sticker off it too. :lol:

Thanks for all the nice words on the pics. Doug and I do live in ATV Heaven. :D

And I do need new tires. :lol:

#1,246 · (Edited)
I wanted the "team green" as it were. I know it says special edition but I consider it "team green edition", like the old prairies. There is something cool with the green, but I do like the blue also. Where I live its all Camo and turkey doo-doo green for most of the Atvs I see. There is plenty to like on the King Quad and Grizzlys but if you ever get used to a twin cylinder, you are done. So if you like the Japanese models and want a V-twin there is only one choice, haha. Narrows it down very quickly. I bought an OEM box that is made for the 2016 Yamaha Grizzly and mounted it. Its a compact size that works very well and actually suits the look of the Brute IMO. Just did the break-in oil change yesterday.
Also added an 8" light bar recessed in the back for a backup light.

Attachments

#1,249 ·
I wanted the "team green" as it were. I know it says special edition but I consider it "team green edition", like the old prairies. There is something cool with the green, but I do like the blue also. Where I live its all Camo and turkey doo-doo green for most of the Atvs I see. There is plenty to like on the King Quad and Grizzlys but if you ever get used to a twin cylinder, you are done. So if you like the Japanese models and want a V-twin there is only one choice, haha. Narrows it down very quickly. I bought an OEM box that is made for the 2016 Yamaha Grizzly and mounted it. Its a compact size that works very well and actually suits the look of the Brute IMO. Just did the break-in oil change yesterday.
Also added an 8" light bar recessed in the back for a backup light.
I want one of them tiger tails in a bad way. just cant justify the use of it when I have front winch and a perfectly good tow strap lol

#1,250 ·
I have actually used mine a couple of times to pull people out of the mud. Also can be used as an anchor point around a tree to winch someone out. Its very expensive for a tow rope but it does have the 1-1/4" receiver built in. I really

couldn't justify it by any means, lol. But now that I have it, I'm glad its there.

#1,251 ·
Rubiranch, I've never ridden a CanAm. What did you think about it? If I wasn't such a big Kawasaki fan I would have seriously considered one.

#1,253 ·
I really wanted to get an 850 Outlander this go round but they are considerably more expensive. I consider them the BMW of the Atv world and I'm sure its no where near as service friendly as a Brute. Ive been doing all my own service and belt adjustments for years. Guess the Brute is the safe bet and none of mine have ever let me down.

#1,254 · (Edited)
You got that right! Or maybe the Mercs of the ATV world. They have the same issues as everything else, only they're harder to work on, and cost more for the same nuts and bolts. Also, they're assembled in Mexico. I wouldn't pay more money for something made in Mexico. Period.

#1,255 · (Edited)
Some pics from today's ride:

According to my GPS, I should've been swimming in Utah Lake in those two middle pics!:lol: