Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i thought i had my belt light limp mode solved when i heard the front actuator ticking, so i took it off and apart and all looked good, but the shaft was a little tight on the aluminum housing. Put it all back together and took it for a spin when the front differential locked up. The little metal tab jambed cockeye between the shift collar in the differential and scored the tab, shift collar and broke the housing on the actuator. Also now the 4x4 light is flashing. Is it pretty easy to change out that sliding 4x4 collar in the front diff? Gotta also get a little metal out of there i suppose. Also if my actuator is good yet does anyone know where i could get a new aluminum housing for it instead of buying the whole unit used? I feel like such a dumby wrecking shit but hoping it can be all fixed fairly easy. The actuator motor was a little hot also when i looked at it, could have that blew a fuse causing the 4x4 light to flash? Could have this fired something more in the computer. Thanks guys, this belt limp mode stuff has been way more troublesome than i anticipated. Tried every reset procedure i could find on the net and when i turn that key on it just blinks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question about the initial limp mode that the bike was in when i got it, i checked the belt switch all is good, checked fuses all are good, kebc on belt is brand new, brand new belt, what else could be the culprit of the limp mode blink? One procedure to reset it i though i had it, it would blink fast then slow but when i turn the key off and re hook up everything its still has the steady blink of the belt light. Also if i got a bad diff actuator now will this not allow me to reset the belt light or is that a separate area in the computer. Right now the bike is unusable because it only goes a few miles a hour, the 4x4 to me is not that critical as i just need it for yard work and hunting.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
The service manual explains all that..In short it had an actuator or system problem...which it has now. If the belt light is flashing, then re-setting the switch and performing the reset procedure will clear that but if there is an actuator problem, the belt light won't flash but the 2/4wd light will. That will end when the problem is fixed...and it could be more then just an actuator but start there...we know one is toast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts