Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help I have a 05 360 4x4 that the rear pinion shaft bearing is bad where do i get that bearing? and how do i get it out? dealer told me to buy a new housing. trying to avoid that. thanks for any and all help. [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey i got the same problem but on a '00. Mine shattered & filled the diff up with nice shiney metal shavings. I'll keep an eye out. Pass on some info if you find some, I'll do the same.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Heat it up, not to much and it will fall right out if you are talking about the one inside the plate. Freeze your new bearing overnight and it will slip right in

·
Registered
49 Posts
help i have a 05 360 4x4 that the rear pinion shaft bearing is bad where do i get that bearing? And how do i get it out? Dealer told me to buy a new housing. Trying to avoid that. Thanks for any and all help. [email protected]

i have a 09 prairie 360 and they told me the same thng and that the housing for it was 80 dollars and i have a loud noise when slowing down or at slow speeds to where it sound like its winding or grinding but they said it would not hurt anything

·
Registered
37 Posts
Heat up with heat gun not with torch, and should come right out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear Bearing Help

Hey guys, I have an 08 360 4x4 and my bearing shattered and locked my back end up completely. It also damaged the wet brake system which is almost $200. If your bearing does this, replace the brakes while the system is apart and put a new gasket on it. Get out all the fragments you can find and refill with new fluid. Run it for a few miles and then change the fluid again to ensure there are no other parts slinging around the ring and pinion gears. I put a sealed bearing on mine and packed it well with lots of high temperature grease so I will not have this problem again. The factory bearing is bathed with the differential oil and I don't think this is sufficient for the abuse that this bearing takes. I don't have the aftermarket bearing number on hand but I will look it up and put another posting up with it ASAP. This can be purchased at almost any bearing store and is much cheaper than an OEM part. If you choose to run the bearing without the seal and use the differential fluid to lube it then you can simply purchase an unsealed one which will have the same part number. Good luck and be safe out there. Also, I used a bearing puller to get the old one out because all that was left of mine was the outer race and a heat gun wasn't cutting it. These are like 15 bucks at harbor freight tools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts