Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone... so i've been working on my 2000 kawasaki prairie 4x4 and getting it ready to go out ridding agian... just replaced the battery... and when i took her out for our first ride i heard a lot of racket coming from the rear... at first i though the rear end needed oil or the engine was knocking...
Well, got it home and was able to move the rear side to side and i heard the
sound again.... so it's not the engine or tranny... I firged it was the place
from where the frame meets the swing arm... can i just tighten it or does it
need some sort of greasing??? just looking to get rid of this noise...
any help??
thanks
C

·
Registered
379 Posts
check..........

I would check it out.........make sure everything is ok and not worn too much.......spray it down with WD-40.............check the shocks too..................

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
Since it's a 2000 it must be either a 300 or 400. It's the swingarm bearings. There's no adjustment; they need to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok... i'll check it out... i haven't had a chance to wd40 it yet.. and if it is the bearings??
how can i make sure before i have to take it into the shop and how much will this put me back... there goes the extra cash... thanks...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hope this helps.........

You can punch in your machine here and see the parts and about what they cost........................If the bearings are bad .......the job needs to be done right because it pertains to the stability of the machine and will cause other parts to wear...............

Babbitts Sports Center | Arctic Cat OEM Parts | Can-Am (Bombardier) OEM Parts | Honda OEM Parts | Kawasaki OEM Parts | Polaris OEM Parts | Sea-Doo OEM Parts | Ski-Doo OEM Parts | Suzuki OEM Parts | Yamaha OEM Parts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anybody know what the part number for the bearings is??
can't tell by these drawings or just looking at the wrong one??
thanks...
C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts