Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type or brand filter do you use? I read in the stickies cross reference for auto type filters? Auto filters have 12-18 psi bypass compared to motorcycle filters at 9-12 psi. Would you be concerned at the difference? While I'm here,what brand oil-type are you using?I would like to use mobil 1 4t. Any thoughts welcomed.Pathfinder

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
Mobil1 is great. I would guess most people on here are using an automotive filter.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The PUREONE filter PL14612 tested just as good as the MOBIL 1 at half the price , for $ 5.00 you have a really really good filter I use PUREONE filters with MOBIL 1 SYN. on all my motors.Just dont use the MOBIL 1 BEFORE A 100 HRS or so is put on the motor ( break it in a little ) Hope this helps also the PL14610 is slighter longer i think like a inch ..............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies.I would have put mobil 1 in at the 10 hr service.Do my own service work,dealers scare me.I plow my drive and ocasional ride in the woods,might take a year to get 100 hrs.Dealer quoted me 230.00 dollars for first service.Purchased a service manual and read this forum.My last quad was a klf300 4x4 bayou,14 years old and still running. pathfinder

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
The PUREONE filter PL14612 tested just as good as the MOBIL 1 at half the price , for $ 5.00 you have a really really good filter I use PUREONE filters with MOBIL 1 SYN. on all my motors.Just dont use the MOBIL 1 BEFORE A 100 HRS or so is put on the motor ( break it in a little ) Hope this helps also the PL14610 is slighter longer i think like a inch ..............
He was asking about Mobil1 oil in his first post.
I don't use the Mobil1 filter; too expensive when there are other good filters out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts