Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i've been searching all morning maybe someone can help me out. I have a Prairie 650 and was reading about alot of people using 400ex tie rod ends on their brute so i went down to honda place with my tie rod to see if it was the same and it is not WTF. So my first question is does the prairie even need them and if so what ones can i use (not really looking to spend over fifty bucks if i dont need to).

Question number two is about HID's. Do i have to drill my bulbs apart like the ppl doing a setup on their Brute or is there a bulb that fits, i thought i found something about a H6 something but it was inconclusive if it fit and if the plug needed splicing etc. I can get a 35w kit on ebay right now super cheap just gotta figure out which one to get. The 55w kits are all more than twice as much so i'll probly go with the 35w.

When i do get the hid kit is there a benefit to setting it up on the high beam switch or should i just leave it on the low beam switch?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't know about the rod ends, but the HID kit you are looking for is going to be a 9003/H4 bulb. No drilling, you just have to snip off the three tabs on the auto style bulb.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
as for the tie rod ends i still have the stock rods with all balls racing replacement ends. and they got over 2000 miles on them of abuse. havent had any problems yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i'll keep the rod ends til i break one and then switch. ordered 9003/h4 hoping they get here by tuesday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts