Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I changed all my fliuds after a wet weekend,I removed the rear skid plate and when I removed to one of the bolts under the swing arm towards the front of the bike some Milky oil came out,maybe three tablespoons worth.Dropped the rear diff fluid and it was clean as when I changed it last.Where would this miky oil come from?,The engine oil was dirty but clear also.is there an empty cavity that some oil could get into and sit?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I believe there is a little 'cup' in the swingarm there with a tapped hole for skid mounting. You probly just got some junk in there.

Thats my guess

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The swingarm is hollow and the front skid mounting holes go all the way through. The seal around the driveshaft where it enters the diff could be leaking a little oil into the swingarm - when you remove the bolt, it will drain out (happened to me with an '04 V).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you over fill your gear oil in the rear end? That might have allowed the oil to leak through to the swing-arm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said in the first post ,that I just changed all my fluids and that is how I found this bit of rogue oil/sludge, as stated above nothing ing front or rearend in the way of water or contaminants that could be seen

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was talking about the last time you changed your oil. Damn, that is wierd 3 tablespoons...

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
it's normal, especially in a machine with a some hours on it. The drivehaft seal starts to weep some diff oil into the swingarm as it wears and that mixes with moisture that gets in the swingarm

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I thought you were talking about this area..

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Your rear output shaft seal is proably leaking and seeping down into the swingarm, this is what mine did except there was like half a litre in tthe swingarm. Feel the boot betwwen the engine and swingarm, if the rubber on the bottom feels different it is that seal for sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts