Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 prairie 700 runs a little sluggish off takeoff (from dead stop floored) has a little hesitation but turn the choke on and she'll snap ur neck. Now shes all stock and i just went thru the carbs and their snapping clean and adjusted the valves intakes were a little tight. This was the reason of cleaning the carbs to begin with i understand its running lean being i can turn the choke on and it jumps but whats the solution to fixing???

·
Registered
711 Posts
Try putting a 20 thousandth shim under the needles in the carbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
okay put a #6 nylon washer on needles for shimming they were .032 thousands thick. Might have made a little difference also opened air screw 1 more turn made idle seem a little better but still takes off harder from dead stop with choke on. Note have to hold brake and just a little gas to keep it running with choke on. just thinking it may still be running a little lean maybe not sure. Could Use Some Help!! Thanks for any and all replies

Should i try a second washer?

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
A lot of people have shimmed the needles and opened the pilot screws to help this problem, and it usually works. If it still stumbles an bit, the final solution is to install a low-end module or aftermarket CDI. Either one will increase the timing advance from off-idle and almost always cure the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts