Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys This is my first post. So to start off I'm Ron i'm 16 I live in Lancaster PA. I have a 2006 F150 FX4. My quads are a 2006 Grizzly 660,2005 Prairie 360 and i have a 2001 YZ125 and a 2008 TTR 230. I am VERY mechanically inclined and my Dream is to goto MMI and get a degree in ATVs and motorcycals. Well the problem i'm having here is with the ol 360. My dad bought it brand new in 2005 and barely rode the thing. He asked my if I wanted it since he NEVER rode it and it just sat I got it 4 months ago and it had 1300 miles. Well it runs like pure crap. It is easy to start but when its cold it will NOT idle. If you want it to stay running with the choke on you have to stay on the throttle. Once its warm it will idle forever! But the major prob i am having is when you hit the brakes and bring the quad to a stop it will die and is hard to start almost like it runs out of gas but it doesn't. You have to put the choke on and plat with the throttle and finnaly it will start. it doesn't always do this but 9 times out of 10 it does. also I have found when you let off the throttle hard it will dye. This thing has been nothing but a pain in the as* lol. So me being mister wrench man I tore into it thinking well it sat for 3 years and wasn't started but 3 times a year and just idled for 15 min and put away. So my first instinct told me carb. Well I tore the car all down and ITS PERFECTLY CLEAN!!!! So im at a dead end here and idk what to do from here.... Please help!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure this will fix? I'm open to anything now haha. Ill give it a shot its all tore apart. Also does anyone know the factory setting on the fuel and air screw?

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts
adjust your valves. your exhaust valve is tight
While the valves are a problem on the 360's, this particular machine (he says) has hardly been driven, has very few miles, and has sat for a long time.
I would guess that it's time to put that mechanical aptitude to work and pull off the carb; it's gummed up and needs a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well guys thanks for the advise!!!!! I COMPLETELY tore down the carb and adjusted the valves and its running great! :) Thanks guys!!

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad we could help buddy :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys This is my first post. So to start off I'm Ron i'm 16 I live in Lancaster PA. I have a 2006 F150 FX4. My quads are a 2006 Grizzly 660,2005 Prairie 360 and i have a 2001 YZ125 and a 2008 TTR 230. I am VERY mechanically inclined and my Dream is to goto MMI and get a degree in ATVs and motorcycals. Well the problem i'm having here is with the ol 360. My dad bought it brand new in 2005 and barely rode the thing. He asked my if I wanted it since he NEVER rode it and it just sat I got it 4 months ago and it had 1300 miles. Well it runs like pure crap. It is easy to start but when its cold it will NOT idle. If you want it to stay running with the choke on you have to stay on the throttle. Once its warm it will idle forever! But the major prob i am having is when you hit the brakes and bring the quad to a stop it will die and is hard to start almost like it runs out of gas but it doesn't. You have to put the choke on and plat with the throttle and finnaly it will start. it doesn't always do this but 9 times out of 10 it does. also I have found when you let off the throttle hard it will dye. This thing has been nothing but a pain in the as* lol. So me being mister wrench man I tore into it thinking well it sat for 3 years and wasn't started but 3 times a year and just idled for 15 min and put away. So my first instinct told me carb. Well I tore the car all down and ITS PERFECTLY CLEAN!!!! So im at a dead end here and idk what to do from here.... Please help!!!! :confused:
Check all vent tubes dirt dobbers bud

1 - 10 of 10 Posts