Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say....the P650 is the KING of 4x4's! Them things own man! I have personally seen one outdo some sport machines on some crazy hills!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A LOT, I don't know exact numbers, but It'll hang with my Z in a drag and it weighs twice as much[/b]
See....I tell people that a 650 will hang with a Z in a grag and they doubt me...lol...I know it will!

·
Registered
176 Posts
well, I've never actually raced my Prarie with my Z, but I have raced Prarie Vs. EX many times, and the Prarie was right up with the EX, and the EX isn't much behind a Z, so it would hang, especially for a 600+ pound utility

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
P650 puts out 42 hp at the engine. I have read that it puts out 31 hp at the rear wheels :)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
No I haven't, but I have got to think that an aftermarket exhaust, jetting, and a freer flowing airfilter (although '03 stock filter better than '02), would have to add another 2 - 4 hp at least! I don't know of anyone who has actually dyno'ed one after doing any modifications to the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
650 is even faster with the black spring installed in the driven pulley. i just removed the shims inside the pulley and it made it even more responsive, but the trade off is a little squeeling.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I also removed the shim and now have a squel while I am ideling. It goes away when I put it in neutral. This week I am going to put in the smallest shim they have. My belt is a little too tight at present.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The black spring is from Erlandson Performance, it is like a clutch kit. I have the red/black springs in mine with 28" 589s. I lost 2 mph on top end after the tires and springs. That was checked with GPS and not the speedo. As far as acceleration, I have not lost much at all, I can still walk away from my friends 660 grizz.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts