Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Primary clutch spacer to use with my dalton O/B spring (also installing two 56 gram EPI weights) and I'm having troubles figuring out where exactly I'm suppose to install this spacer.

I know it goes on the left hand thread bolt but is there a cretin order the spacer goes? On my primary bolt I have three washers, the one that fits into the shaft has like a (part# 92200A) collar on it then just two normal looking washers. Where does this spacer go?

Also my spacer is .20 thick should I have gotten two or is one going to be enough?

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
The spacer for the spring is part #92026,it goes under the spring to give it more spring rate.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
yep... the spacer your thinking of is the epi spacer that reduces the harsh engagement.... for the fk'd up clutches... :rolleyes:...
the spacer goes in first and then you sit your clutch spring down in there and clamp your cover back on...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vtprairie is correct I'm talking about the EPI spacer to softin the engagement. I got it all figured out. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
yep... the spacer your thinking of is the epi spacer that reduces the harsh engagement.... for the fk'd up clutches... :rolleyes:...
the spacer goes in first and then you sit your clutch spring down in there and clamp your cover back on...
No the clutch spacer goes on under the main center bolt over the top of the clutch, and yes it does work great, I run it with the Or/Bl spring and Dalton weights and it lowers the engagement to about the same level as the Pink but performs way better. Basicly a cheap spidermod.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I have one of those EPI spacers brand new in the package. I never took it out because it looks too big to use under the bolt/washers.

Does anyone have a photo of an EPI spacer with something next to it for size reference (like a clutch spring) so I can compare it to mine?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have one of those EPI spacers brand new in the package. I never took it out because it looks too big to use under the bolt/washers.

Does anyone have a photo of an EPI spacer with something next to it for size reference (like a clutch spring) so I can compare it to mine?
My KFX is in pieces so I'll see if I can get a picture of it next to a spring.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
That would be great! :tup:

Even better would be if you could measure the O.D. Don't have to be exact. I just want to get an idea of size.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I may be reading this wrong, but when I put my spacer in, it was between the spring and clutch. I circled it in blue.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I may be reading this wrong, but when I put my spacer in, it was between the spring and clutch. I circled it in blue.
What you circled is a shim, it's used to raise the engagement rpm's,the spacer fits under the center bolt and does the opposite for higher engagement springs. It pushes the sheeves closer together so there needs to be less movement before the clutch engages. So you can use the higer engagement springs like the comet black Dalton Or/Bl HPD plain ect without having to rev the machine before the launch but still get the advantages of the stiffer springs and higher shift out. It really makes the Or/Bl a great trail spring.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That's just a shim... Which raises the stall rpms.
The spacer they are talking about moves the clutch right near the belt for a higher stall spring so the whole moveable sheave doesn't have to move a half inch to engage the clutch all the sudden, it's right there at all times so it is a smoother engagement.

Beer and iPhones suck when trying to type shit... I hope you get the basic understanding of it, if not maybe someone with a keyboard can explain it better than my ass.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bigun beat me to it... Told ya iPhones suck when trying to reply... On another note I did fix mine for 32 bucks vs. The 199 the apple store wanted to charge me... But that is for monkeys thread

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
did not mean to hijack the thread a little, But thanks for the info. I was woundering if I was not understanding something.:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts