Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cooking a 7lb chunk of Prime Rib tomorrow, as well as a 20lb Turkey. Problem is I have one oven, and nothing else to cook the prime rib in. Someone help me out here, I have to buy something to cook it in tonight....

Thanks
Glenn

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
fry the turkey

roast the prime rib

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Go to rko and get you a metal trash can and a couple bags of charcoal

first off build a fire in the trash can to cook all the oils and whatever is in the can. Let it cool.

Get a bunch of tin foil lay out enough on the ground to where you can turn the can up side down nevermind I will email you the directions. It is the best turkey you will ever eat I promise. then you can cook your meat in the oven.. I will email it to you in a bit...

Trash can turkey lol...

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Get a deep fryer for the turkey and use your oven for the prime rib.
I like to use my Weber Charcoal grill for both,but the oven will work OK for the rib after starting it on the grill.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not gonna deep fry the turkey. It's my gf's big dinner, and I don't want to steal the turkey from her. The prime rib was my idea.

I'm gonna go buy a roaster. If it's a bad idea, one of you bastards better call me en route. lol

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
if you go that route, get you a meat thermometer....so you don't overcook the prime rib....I like mine rare:p

Dude, I'm laughing thinking about you in kitchen :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
I don't think he owns a grill.

I'm surprised he knows how to turn the oven on, every time I talk to him, the delivery guy has just dropped off dinner :lol:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
cook it on the bbq best way just season it and through it on and sear it then through it in a pan with some beef broth and let it cook but dont over cook it

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
I agree with bitch....
I use my Weber Charcoal Grill to cook just about anything,but it does take some practice to learn how to use it.
Take pictures.. We wont bust your balls:D

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Not gonna deep fry the turkey. It's my gf's big dinner, and I don't want to steal the turkey from her. The prime rib was my idea.

I'm gonna go buy a roaster. If it's a bad idea, one of you bastards better call me en route. lol

Thanks guys.

Be our luck you would not answer like today:mad::lol:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
I just got off the phone with him:p

poor focker has no clue :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
there's a difference between a meat thermometer, and your thermometer....main thing is yours, you use rectally

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Just came across this, but wanted to post. Mudbug has this smoker, you fill the bottom with water, the prime roast goes right over the water. Then the lid goes on and the charcoal goes around the outside of it. He uses it when we go riding, and camp out. Put's it on at breakfast, we go ride till lunch and it's ready to go!!! And it is awesome!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ive cooked a shoulder from a hog in one of those, Dixie, and it was the most tender, tasty piece of wild meat I have ever had....Those are GREAT for cooking anything.:)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I've seen Chance use the water trick while cooking racks of ribs. He will use wood to cook with and use one of those throwaway aluminum pans for the water. Yep, it sure comes out moist and with his other secret ingredients.... you just can't beat it.
Damn, come to think of it, where is that little bass-turd? He should be cooking our Thanksgiving meal:p

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Turned out pretty damn good! Not gonna get cocky, and say it was the best ever, but it turned out better than expected.

I first fired it up, and it wasn't cooking real well. Not sure, but it wasn't getting very hot. I ended up splitting it in half, and cooked half of it. Well, wouldn't ya know, I put it back in, and the cooker got alot hotter than before for some reason.

I like mine Medium Rare, but not everyone else does. The center was to my liking, and the outer sections were a little more done. The outside crusted up real well, and held alot of flavor.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts