Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I had posted that my dealer did a warranty repair to correct the clutch rattle issue during the first service. They replaced the clutch cover and the entire clutch assembly. When I first picked it up it wasn't as loud as before but over a weeks time it had gotten somewhat louder. Now I had come to peace with this being "normal" but I ran across something interesting while browsing the Can-Am Maverick forum. It seems like some of the owners would Rhino Line or Line-X their clutch covers for protection against belt failure at high speed. So I thought why not do this to the mule for the liners sounds dampening properties. So I did!!! I had a few concerns about belt temps being higher but so far I've put 13 hours and a little over 100 miles on the machine and everything is holding up just fine. My belts temps are not elevated and I can just barely barely hear the clutch even at cold start. I mean I have to really be listening hard to hear it now!
On another note.... I'm not sure if this will void the 3 year warranty or not? I plan to do my own maintenance from now on since I've gotten the 1st service out of the way. Worst case scenario I buy another cover off partzilla for $100+ before going back to the dealership for warranty service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a new 2021 pro fx and I'm hearing a rattle clanging type noise at 20mph or higher..wondering if it could be same noise that was discussed in this thread?

Dealers closed till tuesday..just looking for input.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought a new 2021 pro fx and I'm hearing a rattle clanging type noise at 20mph or higher..wondering if it could be same noise that was discussed in this thread?

Dealers closed till tuesday..just looking for input.

Thanks
From what I've read online and experienced for myself the noise is "normal". Maybe Kawasaki will address it one day if it becomes a functionality issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've read online and experienced for myself the noise is "normal". Maybe Kawasaki will address it one day if it becomes a functionality issue.
Thanks, planning on calling the dealer Tuesday to make them aware and see what they have to say.

Next weekend gonna give it a stress test on the trails lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, planning on calling the dealer Tuesday to make them aware and see what they have to say.

Next weekend gonna give it a stress test on the trails lol
Just got mine last week, brand new Pro FXR 2021. Does the same noise as your. I can hear "clic clic clic" when running over 25 mph. Did you get it fix by the dealer ? Did u get any infos about it so far ? TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue 2021 pro fxt ranch edition only 8 hours and 41 miles at idle makes a low clunk noise until rpm increases and Over 20 mph clucking tinging noise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any ideas my local dealer is an idiot the service manager told me they use the same engine as the krx 1000 ...... I was was like wow u work here ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I probably would not have bought my Pro fxr if I would have known that I would be stuck with an unpleasant clutch sound like that.....annoying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts