Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,I am working on a 2017 mule pro.it has the 3 cyl chery engine in it.the intake cam has been removed without putting the bolt to hold the 2 halves together and the book clearly says to do it.i have looked extensively how to realign it but can not find anything.does any body know how to be sure it is correctly positioned?I hate to put it all back together only to have a catastrophic failer from stupidity.thanks in advance.
I now have called 3 places and they have now idea what I'm talking about.they said they never had to tear them down.i asked if service dept meant that all they do is oil changes.he said I need a book .I said I have 2 .one for a 2015 kawasaki and another for a 2019 arctic cat and they don't say squat about this other than to be sure to lock them together with a bolt.im posting a picture if there is anybody has an idea why or how to dial this in would be great.thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2017 pro fx and the genius engineers have designed it with the air box tube pointing down and not high enough that when he(its my brother in law) was running through a creek it sucked water up and hydro locked the engine.bent rod was the result.yep looks like a c now.in a hurry to see what happened the cam was pulled before the book was read.now I am trying to put it back and the cam thing has me worried.i can't believe these engines have been out for 6 years and no dealer has a clue what I'm talking about.AND I can't believe the manual can't tell me how to fit it correctly.thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little more searching I found the timing marks for the cams are on the inboard side of the gears. So for the outer gear on the intake, I would install which ever hole looks like the best match for the gear teeth to line up.
How many choices do you have?
Thank you for responding!!! I have --0- matches..the picture clearly shows you can see thru both cams however mine will not spin enough to line up.the inboard gear has the threads and outer is a hole but it only will travel 3 teeth before it has a stop.thats why I was thinking it was some type of spring preload or something like that..and yes the timing marks are on the back gear and do line up with exhaust gear .I just don't understand the importance of a split intake gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts