Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where I put this, but I'm wondering what year's brute forces had the crankcase breather issues where they fill the air box with oil going up hills and high rpm riding. I got a 2005 and it's very annoying when doing a hill climb and it forms a smoke screen. That and the intake valves that wear quickly. Probably going to sell mine and try to get something newer. I'd love to stay with the v twins. Love the power. I just don't want to get another one with the crank breaker issues. I can deal with the fast wearing intake valves (seats re cut). Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not sure but I think it was pre 2008. Mine is a 2009 with 475 hours and 2400 miles and all I’ve ever done is adjust valves once and maintain it. I ride in water a lot and not easy, I do get water in the diffs but change the fluid a lot. And I do need to change the upper a arms to bushings but that’s to be expected. Good sound machine.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
My 05 750 don't have that problem. The only ones I see with that breather issue is usually a rebuilt high compression engine build.
You probably have something else going on with the engine ?
My 05 750 and my buddies 2017 750 don't have that breather problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts