Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a now 2009 bf 750 and i was wanting to get together a gear bag to take riding, do yall have any sugestions about what i should make sure to have(what are the known weak links) tierods, joints, belt, ect?

the only thing i am going to do for sure is to put on some 28" itp589 tires, what are some more things i can do to boost preformance, i dont care as much about top end but i want all the low end power and torque.

thanks in advance
RICK

·
Registered
49 Posts
The airbox sucks water and snow. I had to snorkel mine because of this. I'm not a mudder either. I was going through a 1 1/2 foot puddle about 100 yards long at 15-20 mph and it ingested water. I was also riding through deep snow spinning the wheels and got snow 'dust' into my belt. that problem is fixed, just be careful with the water thing. like i said, i have no interest in destroying my quad in water/mud etc and ride accordingly but this was the only and serious problem i encountered. Highlifter.com has a good snorkel kit for under $200 bucks, its fairly easy to install and adds a lot of feel good insurance, i havent had a problem since i installed it, just make sure you do it right if u do decide to go that route.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i just bought a now 2009 bf 750 and i was wanting to get together a gear bag to take riding, do yall have any sugestions about what i should make sure to have(what are the known weak links) tierods, joints, belt, ect?

the only thing i am going to do for sure is to put on some 28" itp589 tires, what are some more things i can do to boost preformance, i dont care as much about top end but i want all the low end power and torque.

thanks in advance
RICK
As for gear: FA kit, rope, a shackle or two,beer,emerg. snacks (granola bars ect),beer,camera,sm.12Vcompressor,and maybe some beer:D
If you have a box on the back then the kitchen sink is about the limit ;)

And the snorks....Don't waste your money on a kit!
http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/ka...589-08-09-bf750i-snorkel-list-screen-how.html
Mine cost me $75 CAD done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard of problems with overheating, excessive belt problems and electrical problems? Does anyone know if this was exclusive to earlier years or if this is just BS? I am a proud new owner of a 2009 750i Brute and hope I made the right choice.( I have owned many Hondas in the past)

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Overheating issue, usually comes from a clogged up radiator. Mostly muddy riding will do that. Long term trail ride can also clogged them up, but Simply washing it out with a pressure washer would fix that, ( on all my atvs, I think cleaning a rad is regular maintenance )

As for the belt issue, again it can be a few things, aftermarket belts are not as strong as the OEM belts are. Getting stuck in muddy situation ( deep mud or getting hooked up from the bottom ) and going at full throttle, can burn up a belt.

If you use your ATV right it'll treat you right.

Dave F.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
No Electrical problems with my 08, or over heating, or anything else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
its a great quad... i agree... take care of it... itll take care of you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Another culprit of premature belt wear is running in high range when you are riding at low speeds...
i ride a lot a low speads, are you saying i should be in low when doing this? i'm usually scouting hunting stands or going through washes to get to a good one, keeping it in the normal drive position and going slow will wear out a belt??? mine is an 07 750BF.

i have the rear rack wally world bag and a camo milk crate. the kitchen sink is in there! plus fender bags, 2 racks up front that hold the Bushmaster and the shotgun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think he meant, if you we're ridding for longer periods of time at a slow pace ( roughly off idle to 20mph ) That it would be best to be in low gear.

Dave F.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think he meant, if you we're ridding for longer periods of time at a slow pace ( roughly off idle to 20mph ) That it would be best to be in low gear.

Dave F.
Yes - that's what I meant. Any prolonged riding under 40 km/hr (or around 20-25 mph) you should be in low range. Especially for pulling the machine up onto a trailer or into a truck... Went through quite a few belts on my 05 brute figuring that one out :mad: Haven't blown one since on the 05 or the 09...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Snorkel

Hey I seen the word snorkel come up a time or two in this thread just wondering if I will need to rejet my 07 BF if I put one on. Already have for HMF exhaust but really don't feel like jetting again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts