Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown2:rebuilt carbs.. both are in synch.. new kits, new jets, totally cleaned... top end sucks.. i removed the air filter and went down straight paved road.. while throttle was opened all the way,, i pulled choke to almost full.... praire took off like a rocket.. up to 60 mph.. any suggestions on how i can keep the air filter in and not use choke and still get same performance???
plz help if can.. thx

·
Registered
191 Posts
Removing the air filter is letting in a ton of air, then you're compensating for that by dumping a ton of gas with the fuel enrichment (what you're calling choke) on. So what's happening is that you're getting close to the correct air/fuel ration with this filter out and enrichment on, but not when the filter is in and enrichment closed.

So, either your carbs aren't clean, or your jetting is off. What jets did you use, a jet kit like Dynajet or OEM Keihin jets?

What other mods on the bike?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used stock jets from kawaski, i found i had the main jets reversed,, i corrected the mistake, runs better, but still same problem

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Are you running it with the air filter box assembled, INCLUDING the cover?
Why did you rebuild the carbs?
Any other mods do to the 650, especially while you were cleaning the carbs?
Running well with the choke on says that it's not getting nearly enough fuel from the main jets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
air filter installed, and closed, rebuilt carbs thinking it may have been causing the issue,,, used kawaski jets from manufacturer,,
same problem,,idles very smoothly, takes fuel like it should,just surging at top speed, can it be a fuel pump??

·
Registered
191 Posts
You still didn't answer the question as to what modifications are done to the bike. Was the bike sat up for a while and just started having this issue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts