Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
proformance mod help?

Ok guys I kind of blew my cash that was going to go for some kind of performance up grade on some Elka’s.
So I guess I can start saving some more cash but I need to know how much and for what. I would like to do some kind of a motor kit std. bore, 715,730,764,800,cams, X-over intake? I don’t know maybe you all can help, this is what I am looking for I do 90% trail riding and the occasional drag race. I want something that is going to be reliable with out a lot of tuning. . So what do you all suggest I am open to a bought any thing.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Small bore with Stage 2, crossovers, stock carbs.

Should be a handful in the woods and decent on the strip

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
He is a big boy.. hence the name... hell, he might be bigger than you T... well, taller at least.. all you giant m-fers make me feel short.. lol

I would decide on a budget... and then go from there....you can find some killer deals on here... also, if you only have so much money... do the motor/ cylinder work first... 715, 800.. and cams... porting later on... carbs.. etc.... Did that make sense?

Bottom line is any motor build you decide on with pistons and cams is gonna be a night and day difference vs what you got now... Heck, you might consider just buying that complete motor bandaman has for sale and selling your stocker to help pay for it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Budget will be $1200 to $???? Depending on OT and side jobs
I seen that Bandaman has a motor for sale just don’t want to buy a hole motor
I would rather just piece one together that way I know what has been done to it.
I seen that T_Dilley has some cylinders for sale I guess I will just start buying It one piece at a time as I get mo money.

I just have to make this thing faster then jammer:p

·
Registered
680 Posts
You better put a 50lbs miget on there for a jockey and you may come close:p:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah 6'4" and 325 kinda sucks for racing. unless it is a down hill race:lol:
I am on a diet now start weight 325 lost 25 prjected weight lose by august 250. (actual results may vary)

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
Budget will be $1200 to $???? Depending on OT and side jobs
I seen that Bandaman has a motor for sale just don’t want to buy a hole motor
I would rather just piece one together that way I know what has been done to it.
I seen that T_Dilley has some cylinders for sale I guess I will just start buying It one piece at a time as I get mo money.

I just have to make this thing faster then jammer:p
Than jammer? That is easy just wait till he shows up with his hmf slip on back on the bike. Heck he might even decide to try his zippers out again too. Dude is like a woman never making his mind with his set up lol.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:hehe:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Maybe i can loan you my slipon so you can bring both green and orange ride to joe:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts