Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just making a thread to dump all the photos of the inspection and rebuild of the 840 as it happens over the next few weeks hopefully.

Here is why I am doing all this...

·
Registered
363 Posts
dang metal.....:huh:, what the heck did you do to it?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
couldn't find the other thread

not sure where, just remember reading something on my phone.....driving 200 miles a day, it helps kill some time

I did read you're going to Brute cases

probably wise choice since you're now making more ponies. You did get a lot of use and abuse out of your original cases

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
OUCH!!!! I thought you cracked the frame....:( THAT SUCKS

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
Man, that is a good one. You start a shelf for all your torn up parts?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Man, that is a good one. You start a shelf for all your torn up parts?
he mounts em to teak and mahogany pieces and puts little plaquetes on em to keep as trophys!

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
crack like that makes me think that it is torque stress related from launching that hard. I saw your vids and that comes out of the hole hard as hell.

when you split the cases I want to see what happened inside. if it doesn't extend down from the bronze bushing timing had nothing to due with it. it was just torque twisting power.

John

·
Registered
363 Posts
crack like that makes me think that it is torque stress related from launching that hard. I saw your vids and that comes out of the hole hard as hell.

it was just torque twisting power.

John
comments like that make me wanna take that beast for a ride.

all that torque makes me wonder what the power to weight ratio is??????

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

when you split the cases I want to see what happened inside. if it doesn't extend down from the bronze bushing timing had nothing to due with it. it was just torque twisting power.

John

JOHN, if I order cases off ebay and the left side bearings are bad, are those replaceable? I don't want to order until I find that out.

Chaos hell if I know. :)

Zmann
1 set cracked cases
1 broken piston
1 set of heads with a hole burned through them (repaired)
1 set of sleeved 840 cylinders that are useless for a power adder (head gaskets)
1 clutch that was damn near cracked in half (john has that)
1 clutch that blew the spider apart (john has that too)

I think that is it. :)

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
start a trophy shelf... got to get a good sized pile going it sounds like.. :p

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Good old part breakin raw blower power there and some good reading, Smokey would be proud Erick :lol:.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Damn!:lol:
Nice work metal.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You think it will be back together by President"s Day? I would like to see that quad in person sometime at Dumont (seen lots of videos of it).

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know. I can't get anyone to answer my question about the bearings and I am not ordering used cases until someone does! :lol:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts