Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I have owned my t-4 for about 3 months and before I found this site I about gave up on the parts search and sold it, but I have read many posts on here to give me confidence that I can bring her back. I will have pics soon. it is an 87 I believe because the carb slide is round and steel? The chrome is scarred and has rust on it, The water jackets on the cylinder were full of coolant and the pump held coolant but the exhaust had a green liquid in it....smellled like gas....?????? the head looks to be fine, the head gasket looked fine???????? The stator and flywheel are gone, the previous owner said it just needed stator and flywheel....yeah right. I guess the magnets dropped and tangeled in stator and ripped it to pieces. The intake boot is rotted badly. The reed cage looks aftermarket but not vf3, it also had a piece of plastic inside the reed cage like a volume reducer or something that I have never seen in a 2-stroke. The crank bearing on the clutch side has the slightest play but none on the stator side where I would have thought it would be. THe oil drain plug for tranny is stripped, the plastic is broke on all fenders, only good plastic I got is on the hood and headlight. one rear tire has a tear in the sidewall, the sprocket hub or axle has alot of play. but 90% of the bike is there and I want to tear up the common banshees and r's at haspin next summer. All input on any of my issues is much appreciated.......in cas you are wondering I paid 300 for it in the shape its in. I had a nice blaster I sold for 1000 with intentions of buying and rebuilding t-4, Please recomend an engine shop for big bore and porting. thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been in contact with him(ilr) I have also contacted cycle works racing but I am not impressed with. ILR has been great on answering my questions and his prices sound resonable. I would like all suggestions though, Every dollar counts, but quality counts even more. I am a cnc lathe operator/programmer, so I understand how quality effects parts. please give all suggestions on engine work...I can assemble, possibly sleeve, but as for porting I do not have access to software or right angle dental. I have read jennings book and understand the principles and what is being done, just dont have the tools.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant to say I am not impressed with CWR. I am very impressed with ILR just wanted to clarify cause I didnt proofread my last post.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yes Dave is a very talented guy. You will not be disappointed with his work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts