Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, do you use the harmonic puller for your flywheel and case splitting? If you do what make(brand) and did it come with the right size bolts?? Is this a tool that I can pick up at the hardware store and use, or should I go get one atv specific?

I'm looking at the motion pro puller, has any one used it before?

thanks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah thats exactly what I was looking at. I believe that puller will work for the flywheel as well, don't see any reason why it wouldn't?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got about the cheapest place I can find the case splitter tracked down, problem is I want to get a designated flywheel puller at the same time, motion pro AND it's distributors can't tell me 100% for sure what puller will work on my bike. Would it be a similar puller to the late model KX bikes....

·
Registered
230 Posts
The late model KX is the same as the CR YZ and some RM's MP601 I beleive is the puller # but not certain. If I rember correctly the puller you need is the same one that the PVL ignition takes. Maybe that might help to track it down. I think K&L does carry it you can look at there catologe online.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
call me dumb, who is K&L, I googled it and nothing motor related..

·
Registered
14 Posts
When using a case splitter use three holes in close proximity to the crankshaft (NOT TOWARDS THE TRANS) and use only a hand wrench not an impact. It will allow separation of the cases without damage. If you use screwdrivers pry bars etc you are looking for trouble.:)
Also late model kx ie after 1980 all use a MP #1 27mm X 1.0 mm LH internal thread puller Same as many other 2 strokes YZ CR RM and even HODAKA basically most all two strokes except tecate I belive that motion pros MP #37 is the correct puller however I use a steering wheel puller works great. Hope this helps

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dirk, I own the motion pro case splitter but Tusk makes a much affordable version which is almost the same. I sell them for $60 and they do the exact same thing. I have to hand it to you I never even thought of using it to pull the flywheel but it may not work because the holes in the flywheel are in a very small diameter circle and the mid section of the motion pro puller is quite large. I use a universal flywheel puller to pull the T-4 flywheels that has numerous hole patterns drilled out of a round piece of steel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.