Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:hey guys, i got a quick question, i have a master harmonic balancer/steering wheel puller,would this work on my v? i have not seen the flywheel but i want a 4-6 deg key, which is my next question, i ride hard mostly bottom and mid range and some top, not alot of room in the places i can ride here for much more.Which key is more beneficial? any experience based answers are greatly appreciated.thanks again guys!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
:eek:hey guys, i got a quick question, i have a master harmonic balancer/steering wheel puller,would this work on my v? i have not seen the flywheel but i want a 4-6 deg key, which is my next question, i ride hard mostly bottom and mid range and some top, not alot of room in the places i can ride here for much more.Which key is more beneficial? any experience based answers are greatly appreciated.thanks again guys!

i cant remember if there are holes in the flywheel or not to use that type, but there is a special puller that threads onto the flywheel.. its not expensive and its good to have, it will fit alot of different machines.. there are lots of aftermarket companies that make them too, so they are easy to get..

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
I've used a harmonic balancer puller with good results. You just need to take out three of the allen head bolts in the flywheel face and replace them with longer bolts to go through the puller arms.
I had a 6 degree key in my Prairie; it did make it a little more snappy and it ran a little cooler.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys that helps

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
VFJ uses that style puller all the time,I bought the right one just to be safe.
Make sure you put the flywheel bolt back in,so the puller does not push against the crank shaft. It will split the end of the crank without it installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts